DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
Both turn and backup camera images were green screen today.

Went away when the car was next started.

Since its intermittent, dealer will probably reject it unless it misperforms in their shop.

Any similar experiences or advice to register a possible warranty claim.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
You will have to wait until it's reproducible to make a warranty claim. If it cleared up and has not happened again it may have just been a temp glitch

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Every time it happens use your cell phone to record what's going on. It wouldn't hurt to do a hard power cycle of your head unit.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Both turn and backup camera images were green screen today.

Went away when the car was next started.

Since its intermittent, dealer will probably reject it unless it misperforms in their shop.

Any similar experiences or advice to register a possible warranty claim.
Head unit glitches sometimes. If my car is stalled out, and started again, sometimes apple carplay or the side view camera will refuse to open.

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
My head unit was replaced as it was constantly flickering and on several occasions, I was able to record it. When I brought it in for the throw out bearing replacement, the svc mgr saw it himself and I didn’t need to show the videos I recorded. Before I mentioned anything other than it constantly flickering, he said “wow, that’s annoying. What if you were using the navigation?” I agreed that it was extremely annoying. When I picked the car up, the entire unit was new, with the screen protector on- as well as the part/labor on the ticket.

0 issues since.

OP
OP
DRuby

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
Every time it happens use your cell phone to record what's going on. It wouldn't hurt to do a hard power cycle of your head unit.
Thanks. I'll keep this in mind in case it occurs again.
I don't put a lot of stuff in the memory but even that would be a pain if this is a one-off event.

OP
OP
DRuby

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
My head unit was replaced as it was constantly flickering and on several occasions, I was able to record it. When I brought it in for the throw out bearing replacement, the svc mgr saw it himself and I didn’t need to show the videos I recorded. Before I mentioned anything other than it constantly flickering, he said “wow, that’s annoying. What if you were using the navigation?” I agreed that it was extremely annoying. When I picked the car up, the entire unit was new, with the screen protector on- as well as the part/labor on the ticket.

0 issues since.
Good idea to photo the problem. Didn't think of that and it would be something to support the intermittent issue.

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im really really techy...green screen means EITHER 1.) problem with heat transfer paste drying out between the heat sink and the image processor, OR 2.) what we call a "handshake issue"- meaning that the connection (prolly hdmi id guess) from input to head unit from cams has a bent pin, is loose, or again overheated.

I fixed this (after causing it by overdoing the hondahack goodness) by taking off neg battery terminal, pumping brakes + flooring throttle (while off lol) to drain residual charge in order to clear the cpu cache on the head unit.

or take video and make dealer pay for it if you catch it again.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Thanks. I'll keep this in mind in case it occurs again.
I don't put a lot of stuff in the memory but even that would be a pain if this is a one-off event.
I don't think the hard power cycle loses any memory or settings. In fact, I've disconnected my battery for >15 minutes multiple times and all my settings and memory are always still in tact.
Sponsored