First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm currently in a 2018 SI Coupe, which came with a sunroof. My headroom is *exactly* enough, but I've found myself wondering how much headroom the other Civic models without sunroofs have.

Has anyone been in a 10th gen both with and without a sunroof to know how much headroom you gain/lose?
Sponsored

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I went from a sport sedan (no sunroof) to an ex hatch (with sunroof), thereā€™s a difference, but not enough to complain about. Iā€™m about 6ā€™ yā€™all for reference.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I went from a sport sedan (no sunroof) to an ex hatch (with sunroof), thereā€™s a difference, but not enough to complain about. Iā€™m about 6ā€™ yā€™all for reference.
Iā€™ll agree I sat in a non sunroof civic there a little more room but Iā€™ll sacrifice the room for a sunroof which I have on the EX-T coupe Iā€™m also 6ā€™5ā€

jsharon

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRZ Limited 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Iā€™ll agree I sat in a non sunroof civic there a little more room but Iā€™ll sacrifice the room for a sunroof which I have on the EX-T coupe Iā€™m also 6ā€™5ā€
I'm 5"6" and I have a civic without a sunroof. I got my seat all the way to the ground and I have tons of headroom. I had a friend sit in the back of the car whose 6'2' and since its a coupe his head didn't clear the roof when he sat all the way back.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I'd say an inch to 1.5" more without sunroof. It really depends on how you like your driving position - I like a more upright position and I'm 6'2", so I prefer the sunroof-less Sport.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I'm 5"6" and I have a civic without a sunroof. I got my seat all the way to the ground and I have tons of headroom. I had a friend sit in the back of the car whose 6'2' and since its a coupe his head didn't clear the roof when he sat all the way back.
I have my seat all the way down and back and slightly tilted back I have about a finger thickness from my head to the head liner yes if the car didnā€™t have a sunroof Iā€™d have more headroom at 6ā€™5ā€ I couldnā€™t sit in the back seat or being comfortable in the back seat even a sedan. I owned a 2004 Tiburon GT with sunroof my head touched the head liner I have more room in my civic than any car Iā€™ve owned

OP
OP
cafecito820

cafecito820

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd say an inch to 1.5" more without sunroof. It really depends on how you like your driving position - I like a more upright position and I'm 6'2", so I prefer the sunroof-less Sport.
Sounds like you and I are pretty similar then. I'm 6'2", but mostly torso. I have to keep my seat pretty upright to reach the wheel, and my hair constantly brushes the roof of my SI. An extra 1-1.5 inches would certainly make things less irritating for my daily driving... lol

Thanks!

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a sunroof on my sedan, and am 5'11 and still have lots of room. Though I do like positioning my seat lower to the ground.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I wanted a power seat in order to get my back comfy, but they package it with the sunroof which squishes me down. Makes it difficult to get things adjusted just right. Wish they wouldn't package stuff like that. I pay more for less room.
Grumble, grumble.
Sponsored