First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can anyone recommend some new headlight bulbs? I don't want led or anything like that.
I had put some Phillips extreme visions in and they looked fine , but one blew out after only 13 months, which I find kinda ridiculous as I've had cars where I don't even remember having to change a light, lol
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want good output it's going to be LED or HID. Halogen's just won't cut it anymore.

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
LEDs will give you decent output but a rediculously long life span. HIDs will give great output and long life. Halogen bulbs are not worth the cost, in my opinion.

Captain

Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic FB7 , 2020Civic FC5
Country flag
Can anyone recommend some new headlight bulbs? I don't want led or anything like that.
I had put some Phillips extreme visions in and they looked fine , but one blew out after only 13 months, which I find kinda ridiculous as I've had cars where I don't even remember having to change a light, lol
If you know any information about the headlights modification you can buy pair headlights from TRS and replace projector's after that you have great light output.

TRS:https://www.theretrofitsource.com/

there's DIY thread:https://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-hid-projector-retrofit.10221/

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
If you're buying halogens, any extra brightness usually comes at the expense of bulb life.
I can confirm this. I bought the Sylvania Ultra (or whatever the expensive one is called) and they lasted about 6 months. This was on my RSX. If the bulbs were easier to change; I may have just lived with it. But sheesh. The price *and* the pain-in-the-balls of changing them drove me back to the standard halogens.

I haven't had to change one on this car yet. But I dread it already.

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
I can confirm this. I bought the Sylvania Ultra (or whatever the expensive one is called) and they lasted about 6 months. This was on my RSX. If the bulbs were easier to change; I may have just lived with it. But sheesh. The price *and* the pain-in-the-balls of changing them drove me back to the standard halogens.

No worries, the bulbs are incredibly easy to change on this. Simply pop the hood, twist and pull. No bumper removal or wheel well access required, unlike some other vehicles *glares angrily at SUVs*

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag

Brighter bulbs having short life is often true but not always the case. The Silverstar Ultra only has a rated lifespan of 150 hours, so it is no surprise they don’t last long. It’s right on the packaging.

Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight recommendations BC64A81E-F877-4A89-8188-3D097FB4DDDD

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
As compared to Philips X-tremeVision, which Philips claims up to 400 hours of service life.

Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight recommendations 16B68EAD-0F03-4DAA-89CB-4DEDF7ECF9B7

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Cougar Motor LED kit from amazon. Installed it in 2018 and it's still running strong. Great improvement over stock.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
ANY Halogen bulb that is brighter or "whiter" is done by either being a higher wattage (would highly advise against higher wattage with how freaking TINY the wires on our headlights are) or being a color tinted bulb, the problem with both of these is higher wattage and/or tinted glass bulbs run hotter so they burn out faster, usually MUCH MUCH MUCH faster, can't tell you how many "Silverstar" and similar halogen bulbs I went through before I caught on to this when I was younger (before HID's went mainstream), in past cars that used 9006 bulbs there where the HIR (NOT HID) by phillips (this is what I run in one of my other cars), but there are no HIR bulbs i'm aware of other then the 9011's and 9012's which are basically 9005 and 9006 but with slightly different mounting tabs (that you could trim so they would fit, but those don't fit H11, the size of the hole is all wrong. with H11 you don't have a whole lot of choices, if you want both a brighter bulb and one that lasts then you have to get into HID or LED, LED is super easy, you literally pull out the old bulb and plug the LED setup in, HID involves a little more work as you will need to use a relay harness and find somewhere to mount the ballasts, but with these cars projectors thats the way to go IMHO.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As compared to Philips X-tremeVision, which Philips claims up to 400 hours of service life.

16B68EAD-0F03-4DAA-89CB-4DEDF7ECF9B7.jpeg
I'm disabled and don't drive much, I only put about 11,000 miles on the car in about a year and a half,mostly day driving so I doubt I got 400 hours out of mine :(
Sponsored