Headlight change

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Vti-L - 1.5L
Country flag
Looking to switch my factory headlights on my honda 2017 hatchback sport. Changing them to ones that look like a Type R. I wanted to know if these were gonna fit on mine. This is also the link to them on Amazon. https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07ZCXF6NF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_E9RIFbHNAS5VR
Screenshot_20201017-060928_Amazon Shopping.jpg
I believe they are plug and play if you have the OEM halogen headlights. You can contact Vland directly through their website. You may want to check if they have the correct cut-off for your country since LHD and RHD cut-off for headlights are different and cannot be changed.

OP
OP
TyresseX

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I believe they are plug and play if you have the OEM halogen headlights. You can contact Vland directly through their website. You may want to check if they have the correct cut-off for your country since LHD and RHD cut-off for headlights are different and cannot be changed.
Well trust me I've tried contacting the company but there customer service sucks! but i don't know about the LHD and RHD because they're selling the headlights on Amazon in Canada, it even says this " Bolt-On OE fitment: It has the same connections and wires with the original cars, replacement for the stock Unit directly."

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Vti-L - 1.5L
Country flag
Well trust me I've tried contacting the company but there customer service sucks! but i don't know about the LHD and RHD because they're selling the headlights on Amazon in Canada, it even says this " Bolt-On OE fitment: It has the same connections and wires with the original cars, replacement for the stock Unit directly."
I actually contacted them about this previously and the reply I got was that they were for LHD cars only. However, I looked at a very similar set of lights on AliExpress and at a local online store. AliExpress told me they had models available for both RHD and LHD and the local online store told me that they had a flat cutoff. Since all of these headlights are pretty much made in the same factory I'd assume they all had a flat cut-off.

The only reason why I brought it up is because you can actually end up dazzling oncoming traffic if you get the wrong cut-off. It's essentially that stepped line you can see when you park your car close to a wall and turn on your headlights. They're reversed when you go from LHD to RHD.

Having said all of that, I have seen plenty of people in the US with the same lights installed and they haven't complained. There's even a YouTube install video, they probably show the output on there. I'm sure someone who has them can comment on it with more certainty. There's also a Morimoto set that resemble the jewel eye LEDs from an Accura as well.

Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight change IMG_20201017_224955

Last edited:

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I would get the ones that Morimoto/Vland produced since they have better output than other brands like Depo, TYC.

OP
OP
TyresseX

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I actually contacted them about this previously and the reply I got was that they were for LHD cars only. However, I looked at a very similar set of lights on AliExpress and at a local online store. AliExpress told me they had models available for both RHD and LHD and the local online store told me that they had a flat cutoff. Since all of these headlights are pretty much made in the same factory I'd assume they all had a flat cut-off.

The only reason why I brought it up is because you can actually end up dazzling oncoming traffic if you get the wrong cut-off. It's essentially that stepped line you can see when you park your car close to a wall and turn on your headlights. They're reversed when you go from LHD to RHD.

Having said all of that, I have seen plenty of people in the US with the same lights installed and they haven't complained. There's even a YouTube install video, they probably show the output on there. I'm sure someone who has them can comment on it with more certainty. There's also a Morimoto set that resemble the jewel eye LEDs from an Accura as well.

IMG_20201017_224955.jpg
ah, okay im taking a wild guess that ur steering wheel is on the right hand side, so the headlight is okay for me since its left hand up in canada. do you suggest i email them or just wait for a response on the online chat?

OP
OP
TyresseX

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would get the ones that Morimoto/Vland produced since they have better output than other brands like Depo, TYC.
Have you bought from them? because i just really want to know if these would fit my civic?

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Have you bought from them? because i just really want to know if these would fit my civic?
Search around here and you’ll see the feedback about Depo and TYC compared to Morimoto/Vland.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Vti-L - 1.5L
Country flag
ah, okay im taking a wild guess that ur steering wheel is on the right hand side, so the headlight is okay for me since its left hand up in canada. do you suggest i email them or just wait for a response on the online chat?
Yeah my steering wheel is on the right hand side. I think several people have got them in the US and used it without any issues. So you should be alright. The Reddit post below ordered a set from TRS and it ended up being a Vland branded one.

scootibum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC3
Country flag
Looking to switch my factory headlights on my honda 2017 hatchback sport. Changing them to ones that look like a Type R. I wanted to know if these were gonna fit on mine. This is also the link to them on Amazon. https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07ZCXF6NF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_E9RIFbHNAS5VR
Screenshot_20201017-060928_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Get them from my dude at Unity Performance. Customer service is the best you'll ever get and he looks out for his people. Plus the ones he offers are cheaper in price and have a nice startup sequence when you start up your car or unlock the doors.

https://unity-performance.com/collections/frontpage/products/touring-style-led-headlights-sequential

OP
OP
TyresseX

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah my steering wheel is on the right hand side. I think several people have got them in the US and used it without any issues. So you should be alright. The Reddit post below ordered a set from TRS and it ended up being a Vland branded one.

nice I ordered them

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They look so good. Do you have them? Any pics of the output?
I have them installed, just gotta adjust them when I have more free time. I don’t have a garage to make it “perfect”. ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight change C7A93F52-8E9D-4137-9757-0C95771E9C86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Vti-L - 1.5L
Country flag
I have them installed, just gotta adjust them when I have more free time. I don’t have a garage to make it “perfect”. ?

C7A93F52-8E9D-4137-9757-0C95771E9C86.jpeg
They really modernise the front of the car tbh. I'm waiting to see some output comparisons between the stock ones and these. The LEDs in the headlights are okay in the rain they're no better or worse than stock halogens. I don't typically drive with my fog lights on unless it's raining heavily or foggy.