StapledPaper

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe 10th Gen.
Country flag
What kind of bulbs are you guys running (excluding the stock bulbs please)? I'm currently in the market for something that has a white/blue tint to the bulb. I've looked into LED and HID and I think LED is the way to go since the projector in the stock housing is meant for Halogen and not HID. Please correct me if I'm wrong also.
Sponsored

segfault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2006 Mitsubishi Evo
Country flag
I use the Hikari LEDs. They have little ballasts, so you'll have to ziptie em somewhere if you go that route.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
I'd like to upgrade but already have people flashing me at night.

Gimmezell

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have projectors not the old refelectors so they work fine in your stock headlights. Choose a kit and go. I myself only use Morimoto anymore. https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems-16/hid-systems-universal/h11-morimoto-elite.html
@Shankmeyster always beats me to these posts....lol!

Definitely do not buy LED bulbs if more visibility is your goal. HIDs work surprisingly well in our OEM projector lamps. Just don't buy anything over 6000k color temp, your output will be terrible in wet conditions.

Gimmezell

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Anyone purchase a kit from DDM Tuning?

If so what relays do you need to buy from them? Single, Dual, or Premium?

I didn't have relays on my 8th so I'm at tad confused.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone purchase a kit from DDM Tuning?

If so what relays do you need to buy from them? Single, Dual, or Premium?

I didn't have relays on my 8th so I'm at tad confused.
I don't deal with DDM. TheRetrofitSource is so friendly and helpful, I don't bother. Morimoto products are absolute top quality also. I have the XB55 HIDs in my retrofit and I love them! I wouldn't recommend 55w in the OEM lamps tho, stick with 35w.

The Morimoto relay harness is incredibly well built. It has 2 relays, one for each ballast. You absolutely want to run a relay on ANY car, no matter what anybody tells you. It's not a matter of will it work without a relay, it's a matter of how long until the factory wiring fails without a relay.
http://www.civicx.com/threads/how-to-install-hid-kits-with-no-risk-of-damaging-factory-wiring.1595/

I did not know this. Good to know. How does low and high beam work. Sorry for the newb questions.
The high beam inside the reflector style housing will still work independently of the low beam projector. With the relay kit, you will toggle the power to the HID kit with the original H11 headlight socket. Check the above link to see how to install/build a relay if you're not sure how they work or what they do.

Krazieness

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe // 2016 Acura ILX
Country flag
I also have Morimoto's on my car, H11b 5000k, and I also tried Hikari LEDs too, like Phylanx lol, and did not like it. The light spread on the LED was only bright on the ground right in front of you and lacked in distance for brightness.

All in all, LED is the same exact beam distance as stock bulbs but the brightness is brighter than stock (which is why most people will say its "brighter than stock"). HID is the same brightness (if not a bit better) but has a lot more beam distance down the road and width too. Obviously, if you get cheap HIDs then you'll get similar results as LED bulbs, if not, worse since cheaper HIDs are either a hit or miss for quality.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
I don't deal with DDM. TheRetrofitSource is so friendly and helpful, I don't bother. Morimoto products are absolute top quality also. I have the XB55 HIDs in my retrofit and I love them! I wouldn't recommend 55w in the OEM lamps tho, stick with 35w.

The Morimoto relay harness is incredibly well built. It has 2 relays, one for each ballast. You absolutely want to run a relay on ANY car, no matter what anybody tells you. It's not a matter of will it work without a relay, it's a matter of how long until the factory wiring fails without a relay.
http://www.civicx.com/threads/how-to-install-hid-kits-with-no-risk-of-damaging-factory-wiring.1595/

The high beam inside the reflector style housing will still work independently of the low beam projector. With the relay kit, you will toggle the power to the HID kit with the original H11 headlight socket. Check the above link to see how to install/build a relay if you're not sure how they work or what they do.
I guess i'll spend the extra dough on Morimoto's for this car. I don't wanna install something that's going to destroy my factory wiring. I just didn't understand why DDM has 3 different relay types. I've used DDM for my 2010 Accord Crosstour EX-L and the 8th Civic. The HID's in the 8th lasted 6 years before the car got totaled and the Crosstour is still going strong 3 years later so i've been pretty happy with them. Never used relays but I understand the 10th needs them. Any reason why Honda changed the headlight wiring so we need relays now?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They've always needed relays. If you didn't run them then you were just taking a chance of a wiring fire by overloading the headlight wiring. Relays just transfer the load to the battery.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They've always needed relays. If you didn't run them then you were just taking a chance of a wiring fire by overloading the headlight wiring. Relays just transfer the load to the battery.
Good to know. Better throw an extinguisher in the Crosstour. :doh:
Sponsored