Head Unit Issue Post-Install

andrewatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
My brother and I installed the interior illumination kit and console illumination kit yesterday. When we turned on the vehicle, the unit displayed a message indicating that it was attempting to establish a GPS Satellite connection. After about ten minutes or so, the following message appeared:
Honda Civic 10th gen Head Unit Issue Post-Install IMG_4335
I've tried pressing the audio/power button to see if I can reach the soft reset option, I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery at various locations to see if perhaps its my location, I've tried no cell phones in the car. Nothing. Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP
andrewatx

andrewatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Figured this one out I think. Looks like the antenna was either not connected, connected incorrectly, or is getting interference from neighboring cables. Will open it up tomorrow to see if it resolves.

Honda Civic 10th gen Head Unit Issue Post-Install ima

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Assuming you had the power completely out, this may just be a problem that it has totally lost its "seed" position data. If a GPS receiver has no idea where it is when it starts trying to get a GPS fix, it can take a lot longer. Try it again tomorrow. The PDI for the nav suggests this can take upwards of an hour.
Sponsored