Head Unit in boot loop.

PaowZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic IX id-tech 1.6
Country flag
Hi there !

Here my issue with the head-unit, I just ignited my 2016 Civic 9 - idtech 1.6 car two days ago when it turned out that the HU was boot-looping without warning.
So, the H logo displays onto screen, then the spinning dots below the H and again and over again..
I tried to reboot using the upper-left button without success.. I then tried to remove the fuse for a little while and put it back and boot-loop again..
There must be some kind of recovery mode but I could not find the buttons combo to enter that mode.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)
Sponsored

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
See if you can get into this scree.

There's factory data reset screen in the secret menu.

OP
OP

PaowZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic IX id-tech 1.6
Country flag
Hi bikejog and thanks for your reply.

Thing is, I don't have this kind of unit.. I should have posted a pic of it.. Here it is :

Honda Civic 10th gen Head Unit in boot loop. iBVuuGJ

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Man is that a 9th Gen? Wrong forum. This is a 10th Gen Forum. :)

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Although, the HU looks very similar to the 10th Pre 2019. You could try these three button. The Display Mode Button is the the one marked with Sun/Moon icon. So Menu + Power + Display Mode Button. If you do get into that menu, goto Detail Information & Setting : Functional Setup : Backup Data Clear : All Clear. Do not go into any menu that you don't know (like Rear Camera Guideline, Lane Watch Camera, etc). You could mess up the calibration just by entering a calibration menu.

Honda Civic 10th gen Head Unit in boot loop. 1627156835031

Last edited:

OP
OP

PaowZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic IX id-tech 1.6
Country flag
Yes, indeed, this is a 9th gen Civic, but I thought you guys might have some clue for my issue anyway :)
I tried the combos buttons, but I could not make the HU display those hidden menu items..
I tried several combos like PWR + MENU + DISPLAY, PWR + HOME + DISPLAY, PWR + VOL- + DISPLAY, PWR + VOL+ + DISPLAY and so on..
There must be something I do wrong.. one of these combos should have done the trick..

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Yes, indeed, this is a 9th gen Civic, but I thought you guys might have some clue for my issue anyway :)
I tried the combos buttons, but I could not make the HU display those hidden menu items..
I tried several combos like PWR + MENU + DISPLAY, PWR + HOME + DISPLAY, PWR + VOL- + DISPLAY, PWR + VOL+ + DISPLAY and so on..
There must be something I do wrong.. one of these combos should have done the trick..
It’s a totally different system, hardware, etc. I would be googling this up if I was you, along with the full owners manual to figure out factory reset, etc. Our generation is gonna be different than yours.