Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Hi everyone!
Suddenly while driving my 2016 Civic EX, the head unit went dark. I tried resetting the unit by holding the power (Audio) button for several seconds and disconnecting the battery for several minutes with no luck. Using the 3 button combination to reach the hidden telemetrics section does nothing but flash the screen green and red a couple times before going back dark. I've lost all functionality of the infotainment screen including the rear-view cam and other important controls. Luckily I can still use the steering wheel for some commands to listen to music, but id really like to get this fixed. Since money is tight at the moment, id sincerely appreciate any help given that can help me resolve this issue. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
It sounds like the display screen is ka-put; even though the functions still seem to work. If you were able to cause something to happen by pressing buttons; then it seems that the touch function of the screen is still working.

It's just a fool's errand. But you have nothing to lose by pulling the fuse under the hood overnight and doing the power reset that way.

Good luck.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
When I replaced my battery I had something similar to that happen. I pulled the radio fuses (both 19-20) and it fixed the issue.

OP
OP
DigitalJosh

DigitalJosh

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Thank you guys for pitching in. I'm still trying different troubleshooting steps. Ill post the results here.
UPDATE: The head unit started working on its own after about 2 days and after i had given up after having performed all known troubleshooting steps. I will probably replace the unit anyway sometime soon. Hopefully, at least preserving all the current functionality.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
UPDATE: The head unit started working on its own after about 2 days and after i had given up after having performed all known troubleshooting steps. I will probably replace the unit anyway sometime soon. Hopefully, at least preserving all the current functionality.
Just make sure you do tons of research. These CarPlay units are hard to replace unless you get one from a junkyard. Hopefully it’s not locked to the car like Honda’s radios back in the 90s. Idk if the ex has an amp of its own. I gave up on my project because it there’s too much work and extra crap to buy to make it work.

OP
OP
DigitalJosh

DigitalJosh

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Just make sure you do tons of research. These CarPlay units are hard to replace unless you get one from a junkyard. Hopefully it’s not locked to the car like Honda’s radios back in the 90s. Idk if the ex has an amp of its own. I gave up on my project because it there’s too much work and extra crap to buy to make it work.
I really appreciate your input on this. Thanks for letting me know. I'll take your advice and do the research prior.
Sponsored