Co_by

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi all, this is my first time posting on civic x. I had a question about the factory head unit in the upgraded sound packaged 10th gens. I have a 2018 civic si that I installed two subwoofers in. I noticed that there was a huge lack in lowered frequencies compared to normal and I have heard some talk about how the dsp in these vehicles is a killer. Although I know that you can manually turn it off with the basic sound package, I could not turn it off with my specific sound package in dev mode. Has anyone been able to turn off the dsp on a 10th gen with an upgraded sound package to get a flat clean signal? Thanks.
Sponsored

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
The DSP in the 10/12 speaker premium system is done in the amplifier, not the headunit like it is in the base system. That's why you can't turn DSP off in the headunit.

If there's a way to turn it off in the amp, no one has found it yet.

Are you getting your signal for your subs from the factor sub wires, or from tapping into one of the midrange speaker's wires?

Have you tried adjusting the gain on your sub amp?

OP
OP

Co_by

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
The DSP in the 10/12 speaker premium system is done in the amplifier, not the headunit like it is in the base system. That's why you can't turn DSP off in the headunit.

If there's a way to turn it off in the amp, no one has found it yet.

Are you getting your signal for your subs from the factor sub wires, or from tapping into one of the midrange speaker's wires?

Have you tried adjusting the gain on your sub amp?
I have a kicker key loc that is tapped into the midrange speakers... should i try tapping into the factory subwoofer?

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I have a kicker key loc that is tapped into the midrange speakers... should i try tapping into the factory subwoofer?
That Kicker LOC should do fine with the midrange speakers, I think. The mids get a signal all the way down to 20Hz, just at a diminishing level, so that LOC should be able to bring it back up.

Are you able to make the problem better and worse but adjusting gains up and down?

MrWaYne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5L CVT Sport Plus
Country flag
at least on my car, i get a full bass signal via the front speaker output. down to ~30hz.

rear speakers have a very weak bass signal. (dont use them for a sub)

OP
OP

Co_by

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Thankyou for the help everyone, I ended up tapping into the subwoofer signal and it worked much better.

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm reading through my subwoofer journey to tap into the front speakers rather than the sub line (sport touring/type r). So far i have significant delay from the stock subwoofer wiring. I'm gonna try the front speakers when i get home after work or just try it in the parking lot at work lmfao
Sponsored