Head unit beeping

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Is there a way to update the firmware?
My understanding is that the dealerships can do it. We cannot.

That said, I have asked about a dozen times at three different dealers and they all say "it's the most updated" even when I show them photos of a newer version number someone has in the forum.
Sponsored

Rannhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the blinking green screen of death and freezing issues on my 16 Touring. The dealer replaced the entire thing without question.

Fast forward and I still have an outdated version for firmwire and it's starting to do that beeping and going back to the home screen.

Extremely dangerous on the freeway given it happened about a dozen times over ten minutes.

I did turn my setting to low sensitivity and I haven't had any issues but I can also tell you my screen is extremely clean. I am really wondering if the cold messes with the touch sensitivity.

Whoever was in charge of the head unit needs to lose their job. I cannot believe how buggy it is.
It's not the cold....it's been in the 70's in VA lately and I get the beeping...I adjusted my sensitivity weeks ago and it just started now.

Beacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan in Crystal Black Pearl
I had the same beeping issue. Mine would do it multiple times during a single drive and then not do it for a while, sometimes weeks. When I took mine in for the first service I showed them a video of the issue. They replaced the screen without any hassle and so far (3 weeks), it hasn't reoccurred. They also tried to fix the subwoofer rattle with foam tape. It worked for a couple days but is now back as bad as ever.

Rannhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had it before but stopped after I adjused the sensitivity....this was after I turned it up after the original settings...just experimentin

garynbks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan & 2015 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Our dealer denied it was a problem because they couldn't reproduce it. Showed them a video and then got the runaround about a fix. We turned down the sensitivity to get it to stop beeping as the frequency was increasing. Dealer finally agreed to try changing the screen. When we dropped it off, we turned up the sensitivity to let the dealer experience the issue first hand. The beeping started immediately when they went to check the mileage.

The beeping stopped with the new screen for a few weeks. But now it's doing it again. Turned the sensitivity back down and will wait for a real fix from Honda.

I'll be sure to take the Consumer Reports quality survey on this car. Honda needs some bad press for not resolving their issues. I've had repeated issues with my CR-V as well. Honda is living on their quality reputation from years ago, it's not as good with the current cars. I'll shop other makes when I am ready to buy again.
Sponsored