Mintmoney15

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Hello I have a 2018 civic sport with those ugly halogen headlight and love the way the led type r headlights look and wanted some opinions on where to get some and some reviews from people who did the swap.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Get the OEM 2020 model for it has better functionality than the previous release.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
But where would I get them.
The only place you can get them is at the dealership or you can try sites like hondapartsnow.com

Have you also seen Morimoto’s full LED headlights? $750 for the set.

OP
OP
Mintmoney15

Mintmoney15

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The only place you can get them is at the dealership or you can try sites like hondapartsnow.com

Have you also seen Morimoto’s full LED headlights? $750 for the set.
I never thought about the dealership and I will look in those thanks

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
At the dealership & most honda parts websites it’s well over $1000 for a set of OEM LED headlights

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I have the 2020 Sport Hatch and just upgraded to LED bulbs in the projector housing. It looks super clean, colour temp matches the DRL's and OEM LED fogs.

I went with the Hikari Eye of Megatron.
https://www.amazon.ca/Headlight-Conversion-Philips-Lumileds-Warranty/dp/B077BT6M6Z/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=hikari+eye+of+megatron&qid=1596639110&sr=8-2&th=1

Personally i think they are more than sufficient. And unlike the OEM LED headlights on the Touring and Type R, they don't blind people because you can aim them.

Here is a before, after and 50ft from wall distance. Which is the average distance when trailing another car on the highway.

My beams hit the logo on back bumper of most cars. Never above the trunk so you know its not hitting their side or review mirrors.

Honda Civic 10th gen Head lights jvV-e8TmGuxWxvy_VgdsfoqWptVPZN5rsXsV0FMyW8viBjz_2rEXwIaGEAZptBnZUIl3iJ8XMOK3JvaC_w=w1250-h937-no
Honda Civic 10th gen Head lights GpLChq0QAIghkEc8TcRr6O9LlibTEZ_oAGrD0SVGiSaxru1K8iDQFusq-yjKF-PzJJj73rA9G7dunOsFqQ=w1250-h937-no
Honda Civic 10th gen Head lights 9ZgacRzqZKtbm80kRsU700Yok2GKxZ7T8Nid5-u6iKhVk0r7C3g7yFx6pbmEMJCykdPIp7zJZh9BIqq-hA=w1250-h937-no

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the 2020 Sport Hatch and just upgraded to LED bulbs in the projector housing. It looks super clean, colour temp matches the DRL's and OEM LED fogs.

I went with the Hikari Eye of Megatron.
https://www.amazon.ca/Headlight-Conversion-Philips-Lumileds-Warranty/dp/B077BT6M6Z/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=hikari+eye+of+megatron&qid=1596639110&sr=8-2&th=1

Personally i think they are more than sufficient. And unlike the OEM LED headlights on the Touring and Type R, they don't blind people because you can aim them.

Here is a before, after and 50ft from wall distance. Which is the average distance when trailing another car on the highway.

My beams hit the logo on back bumper of most cars. Never above the trunk so you know its not hitting their side or review mirrors.

jvV-e8TmGuxWxvy_VgdsfoqWptVPZN5rsXsV0FMyW8viBjz_2rEXwIaGEAZptBnZUIl3iJ8XMOK3JvaC_w=w1250-h937-no.jpg
GpLChq0QAIghkEc8TcRr6O9LlibTEZ_oAGrD0SVGiSaxru1K8iDQFusq-yjKF-PzJJj73rA9G7dunOsFqQ=w1250-h937-no.jpg
9ZgacRzqZKtbm80kRsU700Yok2GKxZ7T8Nid5-u6iKhVk0r7C3g7yFx6pbmEMJCykdPIp7zJZh9BIqq-hA=w1250-h937-no.jpg
The OEM LEDs can be aimed, but I agree save some money get some HIDs or LEDs instead. Most aftermarket LED OEM style headlights the quality is hit or miss, from what I read. OEM ones are heavily overpriced. Reason being they knew people would try to upgrade the headlights over to them. Also the shitty this is if a LED bulb burns out on my OEM LED headlights there’s no way to repair it, only option is for me to replace the whole assembly. Which is about $500-600 for the headlight assembly

OP
OP
Mintmoney15

Mintmoney15

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The OEM LEDs can be aimed, but I agree save some money get some HIDs or LEDs instead. Most aftermarket LED OEM style headlights the quality is hit or miss, from what I read. OEM ones are heavily overpriced. Reason being they knew people would try to upgrade the headlights over to them. Also the shitty this is if a LED bulb burns out on my OEM LED headlights there’s no way to repair it, only option is for me to replace the whole assembly. Which is about $500-600 for the headlight assembly
Wow that’s really stupid. Also a shame I love the look of them. Are there any other good looking aftermarket headlights that won’t break the bank or should I just get new bulbs

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow that’s really stupid. Also a shame I love the look of them. Are there any other good looking aftermarket headlights that won’t break the bank or should I just get new bulbs
Quite honestly if I were to trust an aftermarket brand I would go with the Morimotos but even those break the bank at a little over $900.

you can try messaging Si.kevzter on Instagram about his aftermarket headlight and the quality of those. They’re not exact OEM LED copies but they’re similar. The DRLs look pretty cool IMO. I believe they’re about $600

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Is it simply an up and down adjustment for the OEM assembly? I think I saw a video where there is a small screw you tighten or back off to change angle. I did not see that screw on my OEM halogen assembly.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is it simply an up and down adjustment for the OEM assembly? I think I saw a video where there is a small screw you tighten or back off to change angle. I did not see that screw on my OEM halogen assembly.
Yeah, it’s a screw for up/down on the LED headlights. It’s on a different location for the halogen headlights because you have 3 different bulbs (Turn signal, high, and low beams). I believe yours is on the lower portion of the headlight for your low beams. Fog lights could also be adjusted as well

OP
OP
Mintmoney15

Mintmoney15

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Quite honestly if I were to trust an aftermarket brand I would go with the Morimotos but even those break the bank at a little over $900.

you can try messaging Si.kevzter on Instagram about his aftermarket headlight and the quality of those. They’re not exact OEM LED copies but they’re similar. The DRLs look pretty cool IMO. I believe they’re about $600

That looks great I’ll give him a dm