He likes it!

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
When I was 16 I went car shopping with my parents and fell in love with a bright yellow CRX Si. My parents were hard-working immigrants and while we never had unfilled needs; a new car for an idiot teen wasn't a priority in their tight budget but they did buy a Civic Wagon (which was totaled a few months later).

Now my wife and I are in a slightly better situation and after researching cars for our 16 yo, I found that It's almost better to buy new rather than slightly used (Toyota/Honda). We purchased a Si sedan for our son because it was the best combination of reliability, safety, efficiency, and a little fun.

Initially, my son didn't care what he drove but was reluctant to drive a manual. After having the car for a few months he asked about getting a louder exhaust and a few other mods but the best moment was a few nights ago. We were both leaving my parent's house separately and I went home via highway. He got home 10 minutes after me so I asked him why it took him longer. He said he rolled down the windows and took back roads just so he could drive a little longer. For me, there are few things better than a summer night drive and now my son understands that as well.
Sponsored

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
When I was 16 I went car shopping with my parents and fell in love with a bright yellow CRX Si. My parents were hard-working immigrants and while we never had unfilled needs; a new car for an idiot teen wasn't a priority in their tight budget but they did buy a Civic Wagon (which was totaled a few months later).

Now my wife and I are in a slightly better situation and after researching cars for our 16 yo, I found that It's almost better to buy new rather than slightly used (Toyota/Honda). We purchased a Si sedan for our son because it was the best combination of reliability, safety, efficiency, and a little fun.

Initially, my son didn't care what he drove but was reluctant to drive a manual. After having the car for a few months he asked about getting a louder exhaust and a few other mods but the best moment was a few nights ago. We were both leaving my parent's house separately and I went home via highway. He got home 10 minutes after me so I asked him why it took him longer. He said he rolled down the windows and took back roads just so he could drive a little longer. For me, there are few things better than a summer night drive and now my son understands that as well.
That''s awesome, but remember, most young guys are idiots at times -- you should have seen me with my Chevy Monza Spyder with a V-8. I almost bought a 69 Camaro RS/SS and would have killed myself in that.

Honda Civic 10th gen He likes it! 1597415397331

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
ahh the yellow CRX, that had to be the 88 to 91 CRX to be yellow. I was just out of highschool when that style came out. I always wanted one, but alas it was not to be at the time.

OP
OP

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
ahh the yellow CRX, that had to be the 88 to 91 CRX to be yellow. I was just out of highschool when that style came out. I always wanted one, but alas it was not to be at the time.

yup! a couple of years later I told my parents that I had saved up just enough money to buy a really fast motorcycle; they helped me buy a minty fresh Eclipse GSX the next week.

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
yup! a couple of years later I told my parents that I had saved up just enough money to buy a really fast motorcycle; they helped me buy a minty fresh Eclipse GSX the next week.
oh wow, I had a 92 Laser, not the turbo, just the 2.0. I think it was 135 hp lol.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Smart parents.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
my Chevy Monza Spyder with a V-8.
did it have a 262 V8 or a 305 V8 depends on the the year the 305 was reserved for the mirage and of memory serves me right
on both engines you had to disconnect the motor mount on the drivers side to change the rear spark plugs this cars were based off a Vega platform which was met for a four cylinder how ever the buick V6 ( 231) was a better fit than the V8

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
glad he likes it. My first car was a 1963 rambler American I was 17 in 1985 the car was given to me by a friend his grandmother gave him the car he didn’t want it and he gave it to me my first brand new car
was when I was 36 years old ( everything before was used) a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT also bought brand new was a 2014 Elantra coupe and a 2018 civic EX-T coupe

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
did it have a 262 V8 or a 305 V8 depends on the the year the 305 was reserved for the mirage and of memory serves me right
on both engines you had to disconnect the motor mount on the drivers side to change the rear spark plugs this cars were based off a Vega platform which was met for a four cylinder how ever the buick V6 ( 231) was a better fit than the V8
It had the 305 and you're correct above having to disconnect the motor mount to change the spark plugs. I wound up taking it to the community college to have their auto shop students do it so I didn't have to pay the steep labor charges.
Sponsored