saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Yes in the old brochures of the Vegas they had the tent for the hatchbacks in the accessories section also for the nova hatchback as well AMC also had it for the hornet hatchback

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The sedan and hatch are without a doubt way more practical and better especially if you have kids. My sole reason of getting a coupe over sedan/hb was just looks. I love how unique the coupe looking is and how you don't see too many on the road compared to the sedan.

I've seen a couple people still land some 2020 si coupes recently, inventory is def pretty thin but if you're ok sacrificing some daily comforts then full send

OP
OP
wdrx02

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
Yes, indeed that 2 door coupe Civic is looking nice and, its been difficult to find a 2dr SI~

kaputt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Accord 5MT; 2020 Civic Sport Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Yes, indeed that 2 door coupe Civic is looking nice and, its been difficult to find a 2dr SI~
Autotrader shows 524 new coupes still available nationwide. Only 24 SI’s.

Also, at least according to Autotrader (not always fully accurate), the only manual transmission coupes left are the SI’s.

Interestingly I also found this car listed as new. It looks like Galpin Honda pre-modded a civic coupe on their lot. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that done before by a dealer.

https://www.galpinhonda.com/invento...07735/2019-Honda-Civic-Coupe-Mission-Hills-CA

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Also, at least according to Autotrader (not always fully accurate), the only manual transmission coupes left are the SI’s.

Interestingly I also found this car listed as new. It looks like Galpin Honda pre-modded a civic coupe on their lot. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that done before by a dealer.

https://www.galpinhonda.com/invento...07735/2019-Honda-Civic-Coupe-Mission-Hills-CA
WTF did I just look at??? If they didn't get the half-assed tiny replica R wing that pretty much stands straight up and down, I would dig this for sure. Other than that wing this is actually pretty badass. Good products too, Greddy, Volk.... Looks like Seibon TR hood... They even did the front fenders! I wouldn't be opposed to seeing this more often - The only thing is they are targeting like .01% of people with this. I think most customers that would drive a car like that, would rather build it and enjoy it. This car will sell to someone with similar taste but has so little time they can't do these upgrades.

Actually thinking about it from another direction.... You're able to walk out the door with a financed car (may be little to no down payment for some people) where you split the cost of these mods and didn't have to go drop ~$3k to get these parts and get them installed. Might be very appealing to a young buyer who can't be bothered to wait months following a new car purchase to begin slowly buying mods.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

It’s a 2.0 liter not even a turbo it looks like when some of these dodge dealership put a nose cone and large wing like a 69 Daytona on a challenger

ts13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Yes in the old brochures of the Vegas they had the tent for the hatchbacks in the accessories section also for the nova hatchback as well AMC also had it for the hornet hatchback
all cars you rarely see anymore.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
all cars you rarely see anymore.
Very true but living in Florida now every once in a while at a local car show I might see a Vega or two mostly a cosworth and still a lot of novas rarely a hatchback actually a nova hatchback was rare to begin with when it came out in 1974 most of these old econo boxes rusted away especially in the north east

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd definitely say stick eith the hatchback. However, I'm a bit biased. I love the look. Apart from that, I absolutely LOVE the utility options of it.

I am currently in a very committed relationship and she has 2 kids, but even before that, I loved being able to load up anything and everything for weekends.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I think the coupes look sharp, especially in Energy Green or Tonic Yellow.

Tunaaa

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civix lx-p 18
Country flag
Didn't read anyone's post, but I have the coupe, I love my car but if you plan to do anything cosmetic wise or anything then get the hatch or sedan. The aftermarket for the coupe is dead. Performance wise, make sure you get a 1.5 turbo engine and everything is avaliable for both cars. If you get an si coupe then your aftermarket is bigger but I'm assuming you meant just the regular coupe. In term of space, I fit a 55 inch tv in my trunk and back seats and I moves my gf out of her door from ucla all the way back home in one trip. It really comes down to what kind of person you are, if you like the versatility of the hatches consider getting one, the coupe is perfect for 1-2 people but then when others want a ride your reminded that you have a coupe because of how they get in and out, but I've never had a complaint about my backseat, in fact my friends have said they're comfortable, but use my backseat as an extension of the trunk. Again it really comes down to what kind of person you are. The hatch also holds their value if you sell them more than the coupe because others would much rather have the hatch. Good luck!

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
There's nothing sporty or "performance" about a 2.0 base Civic whether it's a coupe or a sedan. 2.0 is the very slowest Civic version with the cheapest transmission, brakes, suspension, and tires of the lineup.

2.0 Civic compares to cars like the Kia Rio, Hyundai Elantra, Ford Focus, Chevy Malibu, and Impreza. Some of them have better handling, some of them have better acceleration, and some of them have better braking than the 2.0 Civic.

Si competes with cars like the WRX, Golf GTI, and Focus ST.

Work harder and get an Si when you can afford it; you'll be a lot happier than your current phase of being passive aggressive about how much better the Si is than your car.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Years ago performance cars were 2-doors. They looked sportier, sleeker, etc. I’m sure there were a few sleeper 4-door sedans running around with big V8s, but that was the exception.

Back then 4-door sedans were family cars, boxy looking & not cool. But things have changed with the introduction of high end European 4-door sedans that have 500-600HP and are pretty sleek looking. There’s nothing frumpy about a 600HP Audi 4-door.

The Honda Civic Sedan is decent looking. The silhouette is not boxy like sedans were years ago. Not as sporty as the Civic Coupe but not bad. The Civic 4-door hatch looks fat in the butt & certainly is not sleek. Maybe practical for hauling stuff but then so are compact SUVs.
Sponsored