HB popularity

kcwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I've only seen a few HBs on the road (altho area dealers have plenty). Of course, I don't see that many 16/17 Civics (lots of Lexus, Infinity, MB, BMW in my area). Funny story about the first HB I saw:
I was sitting at a traffic light when a 4 DR MSM Civic stops next to me (my EX-L is MSM too). I look over and keep thinking "that Civic looks like mine, but there's something different....but what is it?!?"
4 doors--check; alloy wheels--check; shark fin antenna--check; My eyes kept going to the rear roof line, something WAS different. Later I learned the HB was out, and immediately had a case of car envy. Ironically, I haven't seen that MSM HB since.
Sponsored

jluff007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4 Runner Limited, 2017 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Yeah I won't lie I couldn't give up the leather and all the toys just to have a manual. I don't know why the Mt couldn't come with all the toys and creature comforts
I had leather installed at the dealer for $1200. well worth it. i still dont get navigation or a sunroof. but... for me the MT and leather was mandatory.

OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
I had leather installed at the dealer for $1200. well worth it. i still dont get navigation or a sunroof. but... for me the MT and leather was mandatory.
Yeah I feel you my dealer wouldn't budge on leather in the Mt so I just went for the ST I don't really have buyers remorse I love my ride but I would love to have a manual vs the cvt in terms of performance upgrades down the road. From my understanding I'm pretty much limited to doing the 6psi hondata update, someone mentioned I could give it more HP just not more tq. But my basic understanding is if u have more HP u need more tq other wise your extra ponies ain't doing much.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've seen only a handful. The more common ones are the sedans.

jluff007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I feel you my dealer wouldn't budge on leather in the Mt so I just went for the ST I don't really have buyers remorse I love my ride but I would love to have a manual vs the cvt in terms of performance upgrades down the road. From my understanding I'm pretty much limited to doing the 6psi hondata update, someone mentioned I could give it more HP just not more tq. But my basic understanding is if u have more HP u need more tq other wise your extra ponies ain't doing much.

You could have gone aftermarket with katzkin. thats what i had my dealer do for the install. Before i picked it up they sent it out to have the cloth replaced with leather for me. Best upgrade i've bought so far. including a vit tuned ktune flash.

OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You could have gone aftermarket with katzkin. thats what i had my dealer do for the install. Before i picked it up they sent it out to have the cloth replaced with leather for me. Best upgrade i've bought so far. including a vit tuned ktune flash.
Yeah I was unaware to be honest. I kinda got the car out of impulse cause I gave my corolla to my step sister we sold her golf ND I used that as a down payment. I was just so hype to be getting a car that even though it isn't is in the same tier as the corolla but better. Plus my cousin manages the finance department so I was hooked up so I gotta ask what is a vit tune I have seen many name drop that on here on multiple threads?

Senor Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Crv ex, 2017 civic Hatchback lx
I love having a rare unique car like the Hatchback. I see a few here and there but all rolling on stock wheels. So i feel extra special with my LX hatch cvt. Honestly this car can get you into trouble i can imagine with the 6spd. TORONTO CANADA has the worst traffic, so no more 6speeds for me. People always commenting on how awesome it looks.and how much does it cost. One guy assumed the car was starting in the 40k range. He said it just looks so expensive.
i went with LX for a few reasons, insurance is $80/month!!!!! Gas is cheap as it takes low grade. For me the lx is a win. Plus it must be lighter with out all the extra stuff, will make an wxcellent type r candidate

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Are honda's rare in the USA? In Canada, almost every other car is a honda so no one is suprised to see the HB lol
I love having a rare unique car like the Hatchback. I see a few here and there but all rolling on stock wheels. So i feel extra special with my LX hatch cvt. Honestly this car can get you into trouble i can imagine with the 6spd. TORONTO CANADA has the worst traffic, so no more 6speeds for me. People always commenting on how awesome it looks.and how much does it cost. One guy assumed the car was starting in the 40k range. He said it just looks so expensive.
i went with LX for a few reasons, insurance is $80/month!!!!! Gas is cheap as it takes low grade. For me the lx is a win. Plus it must be lighter with out all the extra stuff, will make an wxcellent type r candidate
I drive in the 401 traffic and downtown toronto. The clutch is so light on this car, you can drive hours in rush hour traffic with no problem.

OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are honda's rare in the USA? In Canada, almost every other car is a honda so no one is suprised to see the HB lol

I drive in the 401 traffic and downtown toronto. The clutch is so light on this car, you can drive hours in rush hour traffic with no problem.
Believe it or not corollas and civics are by far the most popular cars to see on the Rd and I'm talking all model years. But as far as 10th gen the 4dr/2/Dr coupe are far more common than the hatch back. Now I did some research one of you guys in this same thread mentioned affordability and you're correct. Just for shits and giggles I did a fully loaded 4dr touring and it came out to the MSRP of the HB ST pretty much. Some negotiations and it easily could drop some. The HB st in my area has been seen at sticker price pretty much 29,100 it doesn't include what ever u might want to add on before u receive the car. So I mean I guess that could be a reason. Or maybe because many of the HB fans are waiting for a type r, or are waiting for us honda to make an ST trim in manual.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Civics are a dime a dozen in the US. Honda just didn't make enough '17 MT Sport Hatch for the demand. They're probably being cautious in 2017 and will likely increase production (as in now) by several folds for the MT HBs. There's money left on the table if they don't before the onslaught of EVs hit the market later this year.

AegeanHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Civics are a dime a dozen in the US. Honda just didn't make enough '17 MT Sport Hatch for the demand. They're probably being cautious in 2017 and will likely increase production (as in now) by several folds for the MT HBs. There's money left on the table if they don't before the onslaught of EVs hit the market later this year.
Still don't know why they don't have a MT available in the higher trims in the US like they do here. ST with a 6MT is possible, just may have to wait for the order to come in cause nobody seems to stock it

benkron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
I've only seen one other HB around. Funny thing is, I've gotten several compliments on this car from passerby. So clearly it is resonating with people.
Same here, I've only seen two others but have received multiple comments on it while out driving.

jluff007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I was unaware to be honest. I kinda got the car out of impulse cause I gave my corolla to my step sister we sold her golf ND I used that as a down payment. I was just so hype to be getting a car that even though it isn't is in the same tier as the corolla but better. Plus my cousin manages the finance department so I was hooked up so I gotta ask what is a vit tune I have seen many name drop that on here on multiple threads?
Vit is a guy. He runs a tuning shop in Oregon. highly rated in the civic world. The KTune i got gave the car a much needed boost in torque and throttle response. Check out his blog. http://blog.vittuned.com/

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I live by woodbridge in Ontario and my hatchback is more rare than a Maserati, Ferrari or Lambo. Feels like a Ferrari to me coming from a 2001 corolla
Sponsored