Hb grill on sedan..

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Friend is picking up a hb.. Is planning on putting chrome rims on... Would like to add a few chrome accents... Is the black grill from the hb the same as the sedan? Im planning on proposing a swap to him...is i want to black out mine as much as possible and he wants tl chrome his as much as possible..
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes, it should be a direct swap since its a complete grill from the hatchback. all the mounting points are the same as the chrome grill.

if you do decide to do the swap, i was wondering if you could take a picture of the back of the hatchback grille? main reason is because the hatchback grille has a removable emblem base and i wanted to see how it mounts on the grille. because i am planning to order the hatchback grille, but i would need to fabricate an emblem base. because i aint gonna spend $250 for a piece of 3inch plastic, lol.

sorry if this is asking alot.

OP
OP
Draken187

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Not at all.. If it happens i will oblidge

mcartolano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Lunar Silver Metallic
Why not be satisfied with the way the car came? There is nothing wrong with that line of thinking. I see so many people on this forum modifying this, changing that, both cosmetically and mechanically. Most of the time the changes are just plain ugly or a waste of money. Needless to say, the changes were unnecessary!

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Why not be satisfied with the way the car came? There is nothing wrong with that line of thinking. I see so many people on this forum modifying this, changing that, both cosmetically and mechanically. Most of the time the changes are just plain ugly or a waste of money. Needless to say, the changes were unnecessary!
Because it suits the likings of the owner. If you're spending 20k+ on a vehicle, you might as well make it look the way you want it to look. I don't see why this is a concern of yours. If it was you paying for it, I could see why you can, but you're not and I don't. If you aren't looking to see these sorts of things, why are you looking in this section of the forum?

Schatzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Because it suits the likings of the owner. If you're spending 20k+ on a vehicle, you might as well make it look the way you want it to look. I don't see why this is a concern of yours. If it was you paying for it, I could see why you can, but you're not and I don't. If you aren't looking to see these sorts of things, why are you looking in this section of the forum?
It was my mistake to air a personal comment. Sometimes our thoughts are better kept to ourselves. I will try to choose my viewing to really important concerns like the operation and safety of the car.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
It was my mistake to air a personal comment. Sometimes our thoughts are better kept to ourselves. I will try to choose my viewing to really important concerns like the operation and safety of the car.
There isn't anything wrong with saying a personal view or comment, but when you're telling people that they're wasting their money and making their car look worse, it's not exactly what people want to hear.

Schatzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
There isn't anything wrong with saying a personal view or comment, but when you're telling people that they're wasting their money and making their car look worse, it's not exactly what people want to hear.
Point well taken! I apologize. It has not been a good day :(

kkim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 PPM Sport Hatch manual, 04 Tacoma 4WD, 16 Fit EX
Point well taken! I apologize. It has not been a good day :(
Don't be offended or sad. It's a forum... live and learn and become a contributing member.

MikeyMcFly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Friend is picking up a hb.. Is planning on putting chrome rims on... Would like to add a few chrome accents... Is the black grill from the hb the same as the sedan? Im planning on proposing a swap to him...is i want to black out mine as much as possible and he wants tl chrome his as much as possible..
Hey, were you able to swap the grills on the hatchback and sedan?

OP
OP
Draken187

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey, were you able to swap the grills on the hatchback and sedan?
No.. He swapped with someone else from what i hear... Hope i come across someone with a hatch that prefers the chrome look... Im sure theres someone out there as i see people adding chrome parts to the civic all the time...

Lol. Come on someone! U know you want ur front grill to match your exhaust tips!!
Sponsored