HB folks. Did the tint place charge you more for the rear hatch?

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
Been pricing out tint for my HB. been getting bids in the $500 to $600 range for ceramic tint on 4 windows and the rear hatch. of the 3 places i went , 2 told me it was extra for the rear hatch. $125 to $150. this is because they needed to remove take apart the hatch trim.

so does this sound right? i am kinda leary letting folks take apart the rear as it might induce new rattles
Sponsored

Gefiltefish

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I was charged $395 for Llumar Pinnacle (ceramic). 4 side windows and rear hatch.

They did not charge extra for the odd rear hatch. I even spoke to the shop manager when I dropped the car off. They said that its in their plotter and not an issue at all. They did not have to take anything apart.

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Been pricing out tint for my HB. been getting bids in the $500 to $600 range for ceramic tint on 4 windows and the rear hatch. of the 3 places i went , 2 told me it was extra for the rear hatch. $125 to $150. this is because they needed to remove take apart the hatch trim.

so does this sound right? i am kinda leary letting folks take apart the rear as it might induce new rattles
Yes, but you'll save if you take the rear spoiler off.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Depends on the shop I paid $180 (20% all 4 windows + the rear + 5% windshield visor on top) but Iā€™ve known the tint shop owner Iā€™ve taken every car Iā€™ve ever bought to him. He did it without removing everything, but itā€™s by installers preference. Some installer like to have nothing but a bare glass for ease of install

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6 spd / 2019 Civic Coupe Sport CVT / 05 E46 M3 6MT Slicktop
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If installer hand cuts then yes. Itā€™s a bitch. Spoiler gotta come off.

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
They didn't take my back apart, but did more a custom job for the rear window. Also, that was back in 2017 so I was actually the first Hatch that they had done work to. If I recall, it was under $300. Three years later, all the tint is still perfect (15%).

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Yeah, he told me a hatch was more than a sedan. Didnā€™t say how much extra.

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I was charged more. Although I think my dad was able to get me a discount with his broken English haha. They said they had to charge more because of the shape of the window on the hatch

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag

it was $200 something for whole car, including hatch, not ceramic though, tint still good after 3yrs.

Last edited:

Neil_FK7

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT (White Orchid Pearl)
Country flag
they said $125 extra to take the rear apart, did it myself and it took all of five minutes to do. 2x push clips, 4x 10mm bolts (two under each handle) then pull the trim off

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Depends on the shop I paid $180 (20% all 4 windows + the rear + 5% windshield visor on top) but Iā€™ve known the tint shop owner Iā€™ve taken every car Iā€™ve ever bought to him. He did it without removing everything, but itā€™s by installers preference. Some installer like to have nothing but a bare glass for ease of install
did you get ceramic tint?

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Before I pick the shop Iā€™ve made a habit to ask them ā€œHave you done any tint jobs on (in your case) a late model Civic HB?ā€ If they answer yes, and if theyā€™re a good and efficient shop they cut a stencil that they will use repeatedly this way they donā€™t have to remove anything. But more importantly, they canā€™t charge you more for work they donā€™t actually have to do.

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
No. I paid around 300 in 2018 for mine and they didn't mention about any up charges for the hatch. I can tell you that a year or so after the fact I discovered they broke one of the back plastic panels and hot glued it back on thinking I wouldn't notice. In all fairness I wouldn't have ever known if I didn't change my taillights out...
Sponsored