icantread

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2017 Ex
Did you solve this?
Yeah I took it to the dealership and they fixed it. Turns out a Transmission Bracket was out of position. Not sure how that would happen or how it happened but they said it's not something to worry about. Since having the car back I haven't noticed it yet.

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Yeah I took it to the dealership and they fixed it. Turns out a Transmission Bracket was out of position. Not sure how that would happen or how it happened but they said it's not something to worry about. Since having the car back I haven't noticed it yet.
Wow that doesn't sound like something that should ever go out of position wth.

maskale

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
I have a similar noise but mostly only when in gear and accelerating. I have a Si

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Found these 2 videos on youtube, might be similar issue (transmission cable rattling). The guy speaks french in the first video and the second video he speaks both english and french explaining his fix.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I heard it this morning too.

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I'm going to try fidgeting with my cable a bit like the guy in the video. My issue is super random so it's hard to know if it works or not, at worse I'll try to use a wire or something to tie it to something else in the engine bay to reduce rattle.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
I wonder if it's the same with turbo manuals. Was driving this morning and heard it rattling at around 2.5-2.8k rpm. wouldn't rattle in neutral though. very annoying i have to say

sixhundredcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic hatchback
Country flag
I have a hatchback 1.5T. Has anyone with this engine found the shift cable? I checked the engine bay and did not see anything like shown in the video for the fix. I brought mine to the dealer and they added foam to the passenger A pillar but that didn't stop the rattle.

Bringing it back to tell them the nose is coming from the center of the car. I'll metion to them to check the shift cable

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Got it! I had the same buzzing noise happening in my 2016 EX for about a year now. The hum sounded like it was coming from the center pillar. It would happen between 1700 and 1800 in drive and I could get it to do it around 2700 in park. Took it to Honda 3 times and they said it was because of a pair of glasses sitting in the center consoleā€¦ Well, no that wasnā€™t the issue. Anyway, it was the bracket for the shift cable underneath the car that vibrated against the floor making it sound like it came from inside. I had to pull the plastic shield and the heat shield to get to it. When I found the bracket, it was missing a nut at the U-shaped end of it. I added a nut for the bolt there. The cable has rubber insulation where the clamp is supposed to hold it. However, there is no insulation for the small metal piece in between. I taped that part up a little in case somehow the clamp shifted. Also, the clamp part of it that holds the cable has nothing holding it tight yet thereā€™s clearly a spot to add something, so I found a short bolt and nut I had laying around. Put all the shields back up nice and tight and I havenā€™t had a problem since. I fixed it about a week ago and I havenā€™t heard anything. Hope this helps someone out there!
Honda Civic 10th gen Having rattling noise when reving engine to around 3k rpm shift cable bracket 2
Honda Civic 10th gen Having rattling noise when reving engine to around 3k rpm shift cable bracket

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I have a hatchback 1.5T. Has anyone with this engine found the shift cable? I checked the engine bay and did not see anything like shown in the video for the fix. I brought mine to the dealer and they added foam to the passenger A pillar but that didn't stop the rattle.

Bringing it back to tell them the nose is coming from the center of the car. I'll metion to them to check the shift cable
You'll wanna pull the heat shield above the exhaust near the front end. It's directly above that heat shield. Mine was missing a nut for its mount and the bolt/nut to clamp the cable in place. Check out my post here. :)

staged84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic touring
Country flag
I just left my car at a dealership for an oil change, and asked them to look into this issue.
Hopefully they'll actually look at it and fix but I'm so ready for "sorry we couldn't replicate the issue"
Never getting Honda again.

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LX Hatch 6MT, 15 Forester Limited w/tech
Country flag
I just left my car at a dealership for an oil change, and asked them to look into this issue.
Hopefully they'll actually look at it and fix but I'm so ready for "sorry we couldn't replicate the issue"
Never getting Honda again.
If you think that any other dealer for any brand doesnā€™t have A) rattles and noises 2) staff that canā€™t find the noise and donā€™t have the time to spend hours finding it for free and D) or lazy staff that doesnā€™t care.... youā€™re in for a shock my ā€˜murican bro.

sixhundredcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic hatchback
Country flag
You'll wanna pull the heat shield above the exhaust near the front end. It's directly above that heat shield. Mine was missing a nut for its mount and the bolt/nut to clamp the cable in place. Check out my post here. :)
Did you go from underneath the car or from the top side under the hood?
Sponsored