Having people think my highbeams are on is really getting old

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I made a thread like this about a year ago when I got my Touring and I started noticing people flashing their brights at me. Didn't think much at the time, but a year later it's gotten really frustrating how many people on the road have terrible eyes. I've driven by dozens of other Tourings at night and didn't find the headlights to be the least bit blinding. So I'm not really understanding what the problem is.

I've had people on the highway in front me of me slow down, let me pass, then start flashing at me from behind. The most recent bizarre incident came last month when I was driving to work and 2 people in the back of the car in front of me turned on their cell phone lights and started pointing them at me. At that point I turned on my real high beams and let them enjoy that for the entire 10km or so before they turned off somewhere.

Any other Touring owners have any stories or instances like this? Anyone get pulled over by a cop? I'm at the point now where when some chump in a Pontiac Sunfire with a burnt out headlight starts flashing at me, I just turn on my actual highbeams back at them. Not much I can do I guess. I'm not going to mod the headlights to make them dimmer for these idiots.
Sponsored

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
So I made a thread like this about a year ago when I got my Touring and I started noticing people flashing their brights at me. Didn't think much at the time, but a year later it's gotten really frustrating how many people on the road have terrible eyes. I've driven by dozens of other Tourings at night and didn't find the headlights to be the least bit blinding. So I'm not really understanding what the problem is.

I've had people on the highway in front me of me slow down, let me pass, then start flashing at me from behind. The most recent bizarre incident came last month when I was driving to work and 2 people in the back of the car in front of me turned on their cell phone lights and started pointing them at me. At that point I turned on my real high beams and let them enjoy that for the entire 10km or so before they turned off somewhere.

Any other Touring owners have any stories or instances like this? Anyone get pulled over by a cop? I'm at the point now where when some chump in a Pontiac Sunfire with a burnt out headlight starts flashing at me, I just turn on my actual highbeams back at them. Not much I can do I guess. I'm not going to mod the headlights to make them dimmer for these idiots.
We get $hit lights in the us..and unfortunately most dont realize. This..

OP
OP
Touring

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ive driven by numerous Tourings in the past year and didn't find the headlights blinding at all. They are bright, but they're not drive-off-the-road blinding. I actually find the newer Corollas headlights to be way brighter. Have a hard time believing any of these headlights are illegal though. The only thing I'm blinded by is people sticking HID kits in their stock halogen reflector housings and people who actually have their high beams on.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Hasn't been a problem for me after seeing a few tourings on the road. I have a bone to pick with some people who stick HIDs/LEDs in housings that aren't meant for them.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Wow it must be just me, I was thinking Touring lights weren't bright enough haha

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I've had ONE person so far flash their high beams at me. Was going over a hill where you couldn't see if there was a car on the other side and a car comes from the opposite lane. With my normal delayed human reaction I turn my brights off, but for them it wasn't quick enough, and after I turn mine off, they start flashing theirs
Ive driven by numerous Tourings in the past year and didn't find the headlights blinding at all. They are bright, but they're not drive-off-the-road blinding. I actually find the newer Corollas headlights to be way brighter. Have a hard time believing any of these headlights are illegal though. The only thing I'm blinded by is people sticking HID kits in their stock halogen reflector housings and people who actually have their high beams on.
I 2nd this, with Corollas being standard and cheaper to buy I see those bright ass projector LEDs, I see them really often and really irks me. And they also have the flickering blue light when you see the projector beam from an offside. Much worse than the civics

OP
OP
Touring

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow it must be just me, I was thinking Touring lights weren't bright enough haha
I find them to be the perfect brightness but I've noticed that they suck when it's raining. Something about LED headlights on wet roads makes it feel like you're driving with only your DRLs on

OP
OP
Touring

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had ONE person so far flash their high beams at me. Was going over a hill where you couldn't see if there was a car on the other side and a car comes from the opposite lane. With my normal delayed human reaction I turn my brights off, but for them it wasn't quick enough, and after I turn mine off, they start flashing theirs

I 2nd this, with Corollas being standard and cheaper to buy I see those bright ass projector LEDs, I see them really often and really irks me. And they also have the flickering blue light when you see the projector beam from an offside. Much worse than the civics
I get flashed at least once a week. One thing I've noticed is that the car that flashes me never has LED headlights (aside from a BMW awhile back) They almost always have some old school reflector halogens

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
The touring headlights have an incredible amount of glare, just like some of the new Acura "Jewel Eye" models.

http://m.iihs.org/mobile/ratings/mobileratings/honda/civic-4-door-sedan/2017
I call BS in this "Glare" rating
I've looked through some of the LEDs with "excessive glare" remark like the F150 LED. Around my home area and work where I live I live there at least 30-40 platinum/ high end models with those headlights. They're perfect, absolutely fine. I don't have to squint when I drive past one or cover my eyes. I have had to do it with halogen or other types of vehicles that don't have this rating like the Corolla

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
The glare from the touring lights is absolutely terrible IMO, I will not drive in front of one at night.. F150s are even worse because of the height/outboard placement of the light.

Why Honda would choose to go with whatever reflector crap they chose is beyond me...a projector with a proper cutoff is much better for other drivers.

I wish manufacturers would get over the "must make headlight look as cool as possible" phase and actually design the lights/blinkers to be visible, but not blinding..

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been flashed most often on two lane roads where there's a hill or curve or bump.

I've flashed back before, only to get someone angry and honk at me.

Doesn't happen often, but when it does its annoying.

civicSguy

Feel free to close this account.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport SOLD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's because most companies now make the headlights too bright. Alot of cars are this way. I hate driving at night, because most of the damn headlights are not legal, and I don't care what anyone says.
I agree 100% My wife drives a 2016 Prius C. Sometime I am in front of her going to work. I believe her lights can peel the paint off of a car.

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
In a little over 4 months I don't think I've been flashed in my Touring. I do have difficulty sometimes determining if an oncoming car has the high beams on or not.
Sponsored