Having misfires while on tsp stage 1

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i ran the tsp stage 1 for a long time. Didn’t get any issues from running it. If it didn’t throw a code, it could be bad gas. Plus tsp is known too lose power top end.
Can't say I've ever seen that one before.

I have a very slight misfire on cylinder 3. I've swapped coil packs, still there. I'm changing plugs next.

The interesting thing on my car is that I'm getting the k.counts when I lift off the throttle (to shift) at lower RPMS. Sometime I get zero counts on a half hour drive, other times up to 12.

I did an interesting experiment after I found what RPM this was occurring. I reved the engine in neutral at 1500rpm and held it there. The k.counts were increasing as I held the rpm! I could here a slight miss in the exhaust as well. I ran a datalog to see what, if anything was going on. Ran the datalog until I hit 80 on k.count (it took a few minutes). When I looked at the log, it showed 83 counts for cyl 3... all other cylinders were fine.

What is very strange is that under throttle and hard pulls, everything is completely normal and no additional counts for cyl 3. It only happens at lower rpms and steady 1500-1800rpm (with no load)

I'll update once plugs are changed with pics. If the problem is still there then I'm seeing the beginning of an injector issue.
A knock count of 12 is basically nothing. Any significant misfire situation would report knock counts in the high hundreds if not thousands over a half hour drive. I don't know your full back story but if you aren't seeing check engine lights (either blinking on constantly on) regarding a misfire situation it's probably not worth worrying about.
Sponsored

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Can't say I've ever seen that one before.

A knock count of 12 is basically nothing. Any significant misfire situation would report knock counts in the high hundreds if not thousands over a half hour drive. I don't know your full back story but if you aren't seeing check engine lights (either blinking on constantly on) regarding a misfire situation it's probably not worth worrying about.
I understand the insignificance of these low numbers. This started occurring for me in March. I have KTuner V2 and monitor all the time. It is more of a curiosity at this point, not a concern. This is NOT tune related in my case. It happens stock as well. There is something going on in cyl 3 that wasn't there before. It could even be winter gas for all I know.

It is something for me to keep an eye on. Thanks for the feedback!

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
i ran the tsp stage 1 for a long time. Didn’t get any issues from running it. If it didn’t throw a code, it could be bad gas. Plus tsp is known too lose power top end.
How long did you run tsp and is it a major difference over the ktuner starter 23 psi basemap ? Any clutch slip ? You think the motor can handle that torque ? I’ve heard from a few people this 1.5 is a little powerhouse and can handle upwards of 300 + torque if you don’t boost too low. I’m just curious about this tune cause I’ve heard the difference is noticeable and I wanna find out how good that tune is haha

cmunoz1795

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
How long did you run tsp and is it a major difference over the ktuner starter 23 psi basemap ? Any clutch slip ? You think the motor can handle that torque ? I’ve heard from a few people this 1.5 is a little powerhouse and can handle upwards of 300 + torque if you don’t boost too low. I’m just curious about this tune cause I’ve heard the difference is noticeable and I wanna find out how good that tune is haha
I ran for about a year and half. It definitely noticeable. Most the base maps on ktuner are more conservative as it just a base set up. Tsp is more aggressive, in the low rpms you can instantly feel the difference. However I won’t lie the power does fall off in the higher rpm range after 5k compared to the initial range. But overall it’s the best tune if you have bolt ons or just stock. It’s about 20hp and 20tq difference. No clutch slip for me. I have heard reports of people having slippage on this tune, but there can be many factors to contribute. At tsp stage one, it can handle the torque. I personally wouldn’t pass 300 torque because it’s a ticking time bomb if the 1.5T is still on stock internals.
Sponsored