Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
18 Hatchback Sport Touring, HondaHack done

Lately I realized my front passenger door main speaker is gone...
These are what I have tried:
-Confirm the problem by putting the fader and balance setting all the way to front right, only the tweeter has volume, then front left, both door speakers make sound.
-Restarted, issue remain the same
-Entered the hidden menu, Audio check->speaker check, toggle through all the speakers, and only this one not making any sound, except when I adjust the volume by the buttons inside the speaker check screen, it makes some static sound, so that makes me believe that it's connected...

What seems to be the problem? Have I blown it? Is it time for an upgrade? Or is it the HU's fault?:cry:
Help Help Help
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I suppose it could be 'blown'. But most speakers that I have blown still make a noise of some sort.

Are you sure that the static you're hearing during the test isn't coming from the tweeter?

But your description does sound like it's HU or amplifier-related rather than a blown driver (but I'm about 60/40 on that).

The HH adds a layer of complexity and mystery to the problem, though.

I guess the first, most easiest thing (if possible) is to restore the HU to factory and see if the issue goes away.

OP
OP
yhkwok

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I suppose it could be 'blown'. But most speakers that I have blown still make a noise of some sort.

Are you sure that the static you're hearing during the test isn't coming from the tweeter?

But your description does sound like it's HU or amplifier-related rather than a blown driver (but I'm about 60/40 on that).

The HH adds a layer of complexity and mystery to the problem, though.

I guess the first, most easiest thing (if possible) is to restore the HU to factory and see if the issue goes away.
Yes, that test should be speaker specific, so I'm sure the static is from that speaker

Is it possible to restore that/ uninstall HondaHack?

I'm taking it into the dealer next week for a different issue, coincidentally the same door has a defect, the edge of the leather insert is not tucked in. While the car is in, should I just hide the apps (using HondaHack) and have them troubleshoot the speaker as well? Or it's too risky that they'll find the HondaHack in the system?

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Yes, that test should be speaker specific, so I'm sure the static is from that speaker

Is it possible to restore that/ uninstall HondaHack?

I'm taking it into the dealer next week for a different issue, coincidentally the same door has a defect, the edge of the leather insert is not tucked in. While the car is in, should I just hide the apps (using HondaHack) and have them troubleshoot the speaker as well? Or it's too risky that they'll find the HondaHack in the system?
I don't know Jack about what the dealer can or cannot see re: HH. But your speaker should be a warranty thing that's covered. However I don't know if they just pop the panel and diagnose or start running computers first.

I hear stories that Honda just connects your car to check for software updates, etc... as a regular part of any service. So maybe check that out before handing it over to them if you're worried.

And good luck.

OP
OP
yhkwok

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup, that's what I just did, used the hide apps function, now it's all clean like stock (problem still there)

So you think the speaker should be warrantied?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
18 Hatchback Sport Touring, HondaHack done

Lately I realized my front passenger door main speaker is gone...
These are what I have tried:
-Confirm the problem by putting the fader and balance setting all the way to front right, only the tweeter has volume, then front left, both door speakers make sound.
-Restarted, issue remain the same
-Entered the hidden menu, Audio check->speaker check, toggle through all the speakers, and only this one not making any sound, except when I adjust the volume by the buttons inside the speaker check screen, it makes some static sound, so that makes me believe that it's connected...

What seems to be the problem? Have I blown it? Is it time for an upgrade? Or is it the HU's fault?:cry:
Help Help Help
AMP blown .. you will need a new AMP installed in the Passenger Footwell.

Should be warranty, unless you have blown it by messing with the speaker in the door.

OP
OP
yhkwok

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AMP blown .. you will need a new AMP installed in the Passenger Footwell.

Should be warranty, unless you have blown it by messing with the speaker in the door.
:eek: so there is an external amp there!? I assume that's what contributing that 540watts Honda claims...

Does every door has it's own amp? Or does this amp supports all speakers in the car? Would it be a good chance to upgrade it?

Do you mean the speaker is under warranty? Or the amp? Or both?

Thank you so much!

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
:eek: so there is an external amp there!? I assume that's what contributing that 540watts Honda claims...

Does every door has it's own amp? Or does this amp supports all speakers in the car? Would it be a good chance to upgrade it?

Do you mean the speaker is under warranty? Or the amp? Or both?

Thank you so much!
Ask Your Dealer ... they are the ones that are going to make your Warranty decision, not me . What do I know about your car or what you may have done to it ??

OP
OP
yhkwok

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ask Your Dealer ... they are the ones that are going to make your Warranty decision, not me . What do I know about your car or what you may have done to it ??
Make sense, I'll ask them on Tuesday then

OP
OP
yhkwok

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Car was in for the check today, and they said the speaker is blown, so they'll have to order a new one and have me return to install it later, sounds like it's covered under warranty :)

OP
OP
yhkwok

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has it been this long, forgot to update, turns out they found that the speaker wire was just losen, put it back on properly and it's back to normal :banghead:
Sponsored

Last edited: