Have any of you driven or own a 2020 Hatch Sport Touring with the manual?

Spacesloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
If the road is uneven the tires will pull is what seems random directions. Since both tires have power if the road isnt flat it will pull the steering wheel slightly to settle itself. Lkas will mitigate 99% of this. Driving my dads 2.0 vs my so i really really notice it getting back into my car.
This isn’t true, the lsd has no effect on highway driving, if you are feeling minor tugging something is wrong, or lkas is causing the feeling which it does slightly. The lsd in the si is a torsen gear lsd vs a clutch style and will act as an open differential with one tire on ice. I encourage you and everyone to watch a video on YouTube for how the Torsen lsd works to get a better understanding. I’ve never experienced this “issue” in anyway or on any car with an lsd, si and type r included.
Sponsored

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
With a limited slip diff, you are more likely to get moving because you can better utilize available grip at the driven wheels. But once you are moving, the diff could get confused by road conditions.

Because the diff is "dumb" and just sends power away from a slipping wheel, if you are driving and one wheel begins to slip due to poor road conditions (i.e. hydroplanes, hits a patch of ice, or super shitty roads etc.), the other wheel gets more power. That extra power could cause the OTHER wheel to slip and the first wheel that was previously slipping and then got limited gets more power. This results in back and forth shifting of power. This can be felt in the car.

Idk what to tell you guys. This is real. I didn't explain myself well enough?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Having driven both, here are the main differences:
  • Shorter shift throws in the Si
  • Adjustable steering & damping in the Si
  • Suspension is a tad stiffer in the Si. It's still comfy, but you'll feel the bumps a little more. Sport mode is much more pronounced.
  • Manual seat adjustments in the Si. The motorized seating in the hatch was a nice perk.
  • Interior appointment is a little lacking in the Si. Sport Touring has leather on the side panels and center console. And it's actually semi-decent.
  • More pronounced bolstering in the Si. Both still comfortable but nice to have the extra stability in the corners
  • You don't really feel the extra HP in the Si unless powering out of a corner or really pushing the upper RPMs
  • Premium audio - hatch adds two extra speakers and Honda navigation. Both sound very similar.
Unless you really need the hatch utility or Honda navigation, the Si is definitely the performance bargain of the two.

Last edited:

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
If the road is uneven the tires will pull is what seems random directions. Since both tires have power if the road isnt flat it will pull the steering wheel slightly to settle itself. Lkas will mitigate 99% of this. Driving my dads 2.0 vs my so i really really notice it getting back into my car.
How do you know that's not the more aggressive tires?

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
I have a 2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring 6MT hatchback and really enjoy the driving feel. I test drove a 2019 Civic Si sedan recently and can't say that I noticed too much of a difference. Perhaps I didn't push it hard enough on the test drive but the one thing I can say, to sum up the overall difference, was that the Si simply felt "tighter". It wasn't enough, however, for me to switch to the Si. Furthermore, the Si's interior creature comforts were lacking, compared to my hatch's features like the leather interior and more powerful audio system. The utility of the hatch, however, is really hard for me to give up!

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I have a 2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring 6MT hatchback and really enjoy the driving feel. I test drove a 2019 Civic Si sedan recently and can't say that I noticed too much of a difference. Perhaps I didn't push it hard enough on the test drive but the one thing I can say, to sum up the overall difference, was that the Si simply felt "tighter". It wasn't enough, however, for me to switch to the Si. Furthermore, the Si's interior creature comforts were lacking, compared to my hatch's features like the leather interior and more powerful audio system. The utility of the hatch, however, is really hard for me to give up!
I thought both Si and Touring have the same 450 watt system?

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Si has a 452 watt / 10 speaker audio system; whereas, the Sport Touring has a 542 watt / 12 speaker system.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
The Si has a 452 watt / 10 speaker audio system; whereas, the Sport Touring has a 542 watt / 12 speaker system.
Ah got it, just checked the website. Weird how the EX-L and below trims (barring the Si) have a 180 watt system. What does that mean for the sound of those cars compared to the Si and Sport Touring?

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
The Si and Type Rs will never have leather. It's just not part of the theme. You can always have Honda put it in $$$ :D
I'd say the main reason to have the hatch is more utility space and they look pretty dope.
Both being manuals, the Si will always come out on top in the straights. Stock for stock.
The short throws, gearing, steering, suspension and lsd make it a much sportier car in my opinion. It really depends on what you're looking for out of the car. Cruising with leather or having something that can pull a .97G turn :)

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Si and Type Rs will never have leather. It's just not part of the theme. You can always have Honda put it in $$$ :D
I'd say the main reason to have the hatch is more utility space and they look pretty dope.
Both being manuals, the Si will always come out on top in the straights. Stock for stock.
The short throws, gearing, steering, suspension and lsd make it a much sportier car in my opinion. It really depends on what you're looking for out of the car. Cruising with leather or having something that can pull a .97G turn :)
Cruising with leather! Lol

skshrews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2005 TSX, Honda Civic Hatchback LX 6MT 2017
Country flag
If you like to take quick controlled turns while in the power youre gonna want that LSD for sure. If its just a grocery getter dont bother. The lsd makes highway driving slightly more of a chore
Why?

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's like a Chinese buffet of speakers.
The speakers in the Coupe and Sedan are as follows: 1 tweeter and 1 Full range in each of the front doors, 2 tweeters 2 Full range and 1 Subwoofer in the back shelf, 1 Central speaker in the middle of the dashboard. 10 speakers 452 W
In the Hatch: 1 tweeter and 1 full range in each of the 4 doors, 1 full range in each C-pillar, Subwoofer in the rear right, and the same central speaker in the center of the dashboard. 12 speakers 542 W
Sponsored