1.5T Have a turbo and a CVT? Considering a tune? Read this!

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
One thing I’m trying to understand is if the tunes are safe why does everyone monitor there cars sensors so closely after the tune?
You need MORE than just one post for anyone to take those questions seriously.
Sponsored

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ive been trying to find info on boost by gear but having difficulty. Is it a program you download, something you buy? I purchased a ktuner and read somewhere boost by gear will help to not murder the stock tires.
These are the settings in the Ktuner help section for BBG. I use these myself.

Honda Civic 10th gen Have a turbo and a CVT? Considering a tune? Read this! IMG_20190317_000343

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been using the 21psi dual tune with these settings since car was stock with no issue. I keep Ktuner in the car because I like the pretty lights.

Honda Civic 10th gen Have a turbo and a CVT? Considering a tune? Read this! IMG_20190317_000110

Honda Civic 10th gen Have a turbo and a CVT? Considering a tune? Read this! IMG_20190317_000053

Honda Civic 10th gen Have a turbo and a CVT? Considering a tune? Read this! IMG_20190316_233753

ljseppe

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T
Country flag
You need MORE than just one post for anyone to take those questions seriously.
Why it’s a legit question. Didn’t realize theres levels to posting on the Honda forum before your taken serious/cool. Guess I better work on my post count for your future approval. I appreciate the reply gtman.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ktuner recommends at least 91 octane. I have 87, 89 and 93 mostly in my area. I use 93 of course. Does it make much difference between 91 and 93?

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
Ktuner recommends at least 91 octane. I have 87, 89 and 93 mostly in my area. I use 93 of course. Does it make much difference between 91 and 93?
Ya, I've been running nothing but 93 also. Searched knock control to learn more about it, specifically what do the numbers mean when they start climbing...... and Caraddict on YouTube came up. Has some video time on it.

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
These are the settings in the Ktuner help section for BBG. I use these myself.

IMG_20190317_000343.jpg
Selecting the drop downs like you did, "I think" :popcorn: it trumps custom boost settings and follows default 21 psi boost, and final boost tables, except your throttle and spool quick adjustments, BTW you need to update your Ktuner, mine looks like this
Honda Civic 10th gen Have a turbo and a CVT? Considering a tune? Read this! upload_2019-3-17_11-24-52

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Selecting the drop downs like you did, "I think" :popcorn: it trumps custom boost settings and follows default 21 psi boost, and final boost tables, except your throttle and spool quick adjustments, BTW you need to update your Ktuner, mine looks like this
upload_2019-3-17_11-24-52.png
Weird, I just updated mine a couple days ago. I'll have to check it again

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
Went for my first drive on the highway today since flashing... weeeeeeee

Time to read up as much as I can now on some on the fly switching. I flashed with the dual 21 to start, but I don't think it's practical for my daily commute per say. What exactly is the ECO tune? It's still a 21 PSI boost tune no?

I also need to figure out a good layout and the LEDS. I ordered a mount as I think I'll keep my KTuner in the car most times to monitor.

Loving my decision to buy this!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you flashed the dual starter 21, pressing the Econ button will switch to a factory psi tune (or whatever you choose from the psi dropdown list).

Last edited:

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Ya, I've been running nothing but 93 also. Searched knock control to learn more about it, specifically what do the numbers mean when they start climbing...... and Caraddict on YouTube came up. Has some video time on it.
Knock Contol is comprised of various values. In the low to mid powerband you may see this value slightly increase (even using higher octane); this is just the ECU sensing knock (from within the cylinder or even vibrations at those frequencies). No need to be alarmed...as the value increases your timing decreases (retard) in an attempt to control the knock and maintain efficiency.
Was that already answered @vctsonicgrey ?

Hnichill81

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
upload_2019-3-17_11-24-52.png
I'm a noobie to tuning myself and I like seeing the questions other noobies ask that I may not know to ask myself. This forum is pretty insightful and there a quite a few knowledgeable
Went for my first drive on the highway today since flashing... weeeeeeee

Time to read up as much as I can now on some on the fly switching. I flashed with the dual 21 to start, but I don't think it's practical for my daily commute per say. What exactly is the ECO tune? It's still a 21 PSI boost tune no?

I also need to figure out a good layout and the LEDS. I ordered a mount as I think I'll keep my KTuner in the car most times to monitor.

Loving my decision to buy this!
I'm getting mine tomorrow, it's like Christmas Eve for me today. I can't wait!!!

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
I'm a noobie to tuning myself and I like seeing the questions other noobies ask that I may not know to ask myself. This forum is pretty insightful and there a quite a few knowledgeable

I'm getting mine tomorrow, it's like Christmas Eve for me today. I can't wait!!!
Warm it up, let it run.....The first thing you'll probably do is say out loud WTF (Wait Till Friday!). It's a cool transformation. For the most part we learn as we go...and every once and while Ktuner himself, or others with experience will chime in if something needs clarification, that makes it tops for me. I started with v1.0 and traded up to v1.2 for the live feed. Anyway, another cool part is you can customize as you wish, and you can unleash more of the dragon if you wish.:thumbsup:

Hnichill81

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Warm it up, let it run.....The first thing you'll probably do is say out loud WTF (Wait Till Friday!). It's a cool transformation. For the most part we learn as we go...and every once and while Ktuner himself, or others with experience will chime in if something needs clarification, that makes it tops for me. I started with v1.0 and traded up to v1.2 for the live feed. Anyway, another cool part is you can customize as you wish, and you can unleash more of the dragon if you wish.:thumbsup:
I have the V2 coming. I haven't heard anything but good things about it. On here everyone that has purchased it seems very satisfied.
Sponsored