Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
i feel that going from 5th gear to 6th gear is the worst on this car since it’s almost just like down shifting. Sometimes I would go into 4th gear instead. Who does this also?
Sponsored

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
Hold it to the right as you pull back. It won't go into R while the car is moving forward.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Yeah. Agreed it took me awhile but each of my Bratz like something different for one or another of their gear shifts and just like Fk8 4343 said its a slight pull to the right then down. You start to get the feel of it.

I just have to remember none of the other Bratz have 6th. LOL

OP
OP
fmoua916

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
Hold it to the right as you pull back. It won't go into R while the car is moving forward.
Yeah that’s what I do but sometimes I forget to push to the right and it goes to 4th haha

TonyD

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Type R
Country flag
It feels weird doesn't it! All of my recent cars have had a collar around the shifter that you need to pull up to engage reverse. Or Reverse is down to the left. It freaks me out going into 6th at 70mph and having 0.0001% of my brain waiting for the transmission to explode.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
It feels weird doesn't it! All of my recent cars have had a collar around the shifter that you need to pull up to engage reverse. Or Reverse is down to the left. It freaks me out going into 6th at 70mph and having 0.0001% of my brain waiting for the transmission to explode.
It has reverse lock out so don't worry, that'll never happen.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Ditto. I've accidentally went from 5 to 4 a few times as well. Predominantly happens when I am sitting lowest seat position.

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
i feel that going from 5th gear to 6th gear is the worst on this car since it’s almost just like down shifting. Sometimes I would go into 4th gear instead. Who does this also?
Have you ever owned a 6-speed manual before?? You'd feel it sliding back to the middle before going into 4th.

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Never experienced this problem. But I've been driving stick since 1999 and my cars the last 8 years had 6-speed manual :)

Lcifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
5th gear? There's a 5th gear wow I'm confused haven't used 5th gear in years not since Honda put a 6th one in the box it's 1st 2nd 3rd 4th reach speed limit 6th gear I mean I guess if your going 80+ up a steep enough hill you might need 5th but really it's just a wasted gear sprocket........on that note anyone know what's 1.5k rpm in 5th is in MPH? Man now I gotta go driving again lol guess I'll go find out if that gear even has any real practical use last 2 cars + this Si was completely pointless to use 5th IMO

Edit 6th can be used starting at 30mph.......like wow 1st 2nd 6th all the gears I need to get to and from work everyday....,....it's so wierd

Last edited:

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
It has reverse lock out so don't worry, that'll never happen.
This is reassuring! Has anyone really tried it though? lol. I mean accidentally. My old NB miata had this problem, but didn't have the so called "lock out" I remember when i test drove it and a few times on my own, I'd grinded the gears from 5th to 6th. It was scary. I finally got used to it. I was freaking out on the R when i drove it first. But now, i'm feeling better and better about pushing Right and down..

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i've tried it, wont go into r when moving forward, i never go into overdrive until 40mph, at that speed i still can feel acceleration in 5th with minor accelerator pedal applied.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
i've tried it, wont go into r when moving forward, i never go into overdrive until 40mph, at that speed i still can feel acceleration in 5th with minor accelerator pedal applied.
I think the 6th gear of the FK8 is not an overdrive.
Sponsored