baodotcom

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Country flag
Honda slowed-down/stopped production in the UK where the Hatchbacks are made back in March or so due to covid, but recently started up again in June. I wonder if this next batch was already en route or if this a "fresh batch" that might suffer from quality control issues due to all the craziness.

My friend just picked up his Civic HB Sport today. The production date is 6/20 so this batch that is coming over is the batch made after the plants resumed production in early to mid June.
Sponsored

tungstenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
So I started getting quotes for a new 2020 hatchback LX. 4-5 dealers quoted me $21.1-23.3K + TTL, though one dealer quoted me $19.8K + TTL. Is this reasonably low or weirdly low? I think it's $400 below invoice and this is just their first offer after emailing them. It does appear to include all dealer fees - they used the same software to generate the quote as the other dealers and includes all the same fees.

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
So I started getting quotes for a new 2020 hatchback LX. 4-5 dealers quoted me $21.1-23.3K + TTL, though one dealer quoted me $19.8K + TTL. Is this reasonably low or weirdly low? I think it's $400 below invoice and this is just their first offer after emailing them. It does appear to include all dealer fees - they used the same software to generate the quote as the other dealers and includes all the same fees.
I've been quoted just over 23k + TTL for a sport model, but I'm looking at the msrp of the sports that are coming into local dealers and they are lower than the msrp I was told for the one quoted. The 19.8 doesn't sound like a bad deal at all.

cheesesteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Watch out, some dealers will automatically add in all the incentives, rebates that you don't even qualify for to make the quote look lower.

They also neglect to add the accessories that they already installed on the actual car you're looking at, not just what the computer quote is for that model/trim.

Read all the fine print. You need a quote for the exact car that you plan to purchase.

Last edited:

hamnajain

First Name
Hamna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019
Country flag
I would aim for a Honda Civic hatchback. They have lots of room and plenty of great features. They also have amazing gas mileage, and certain Civics have VTEC, which will give it a little extra kick.

Plastidip

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch EX, 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
$24,750 2020 EX Hatch in sonic grey. I could have done better on another color... especially white. It is on a train from Alabama now. Hopefully not getting trashed in a hurricane.

I'm glad I didn't wait until 2021... Last year for union made hatchbacks.

Spugs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
Country flag
I'm in SoCal searching for Hatches, and I've now been told by two dealers that these are selling for sticker because of the Swindon COVID shutdown. Is anyone else hearing this?

LookingForFK7

First Name
Jaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
I'm in SoCal searching for Hatches, and I've now been told by two dealers that these are selling for sticker because of the Swindon COVID shutdown. Is anyone else hearing this?
I also have been searching for a Hatch (SGP ST specifically) and have been told about the same thing. One dealership did offer 500 off MSRP, but that's it.

I began looking at the beginning of the lockdown (late-March to April) and deals were way better then(~2-3k off MSRP), but I was unsure if I was going to get laid off from my job at the time.

cheesesteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I heard the same thing, but I also see the 2021s coming in, so that's bulllshit.

One dealer added $5000 MVA (Market Value Adjustment) along with a bunch of other crap on a Sport Hatch because they were "rare" and "supply and demand" I shit you not ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback - What did you pay? unnamed

Last edited:

supaaacharge98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
Prices are insane right now. Really wanted a hatch, but not at these prices! Going to just be patient when getting my next car.

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
With the prices seeming to be going up with Honda's new MSRP, and now charging for almost every color of paint on the car. When I went to look at the hatches sitting at the dealership my friend works at, they had 1 leftover 2020 and wasn't expecting others (which makes sense) and was also told by his boss that the pricing on the new ones coming in wasn't going to be much due to demand. I had him run the numbers to get it off his lot and paid just about 23,600 plus fees (roughly $550) and tax for a 2020 EX. It was a couple hundred more than the sport I was trying to get, with the additional options. I was more pissed about the crazy high interest rates, even when I have an 819 score. If you really want to take advantage of things, negotiate the out the door price then keep that till Honda offers their 1.9, or 2.9 rate again.

cheesesteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
They recently dropped the 1.9% from the hatchbacks and Si's, making that rate only applicable for the regular coupes and sedans.

Dealers still may be able to "make exceptions" if you're well-qualified at their own discretion when they "talk to their manager." If not, WALK AWAY.

Honestly, you're better off waiting for better incentives. Don't bother playing those dealer games. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER DEALS, if you're willing to wait. The worse time to buy a car is when you NEED a car ?

Buyers looking to score a year-end deal on the Honda Civic Hatchback (or any Si model) will likely be disappointed following Labor Day. According to dealer incentive bulletins, the 5-door hatchback and 205 horsepower Si variants are now excluded from virtually every promotion for buying & leasing. Here's what that means.

Previously, 2020 Civic hatchbacks were eligible for 1.9% APR for 60 months (or 2.9% for 72). You could even lease one from as little as $270 for 36 months with $0 down as part of a Sign & Drive deal. However, as of yesterday, the only Civics that qualify for low-interest financing or lease deals are the sedan and coupe.

On a $25,000 car, a 5-year loan at 1.9% costs about $1,226 in interest with a payment of $437/month before taxes & fees. At a rate of 5%, the amount spent on interest would rise to $3,307 at $472/month.

In some cases, the difference in offers could make a 5-door more expensive than a similarly-priced sedan or coupe.

SOURCE

In_the_Buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
2020 Hatchback Sport

MSRP: $24,605
OTD (pre tax) $23,200
Dealer threw in trunk liner to make deal

Deal was done on the last day of August