Hatchback - What did you pay?

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After getting quoted for insurance today I'm no longer upset about the warranty pricing because each insurer wanted close to or above $2400 a year. So the warranty was damn cheap in comparison
With that logic, I'll tint your windows for $3000, and then you won't be upset about the insurance pricing. :rofl:
Sponsored

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
With that logic, I'll tint your windows for $3000, and then you won't be upset about the insurance pricing. :rofl:
lol I'm actually getting quotes for tinting right now. Is that a one day turnaround? ;)

We also talked to our original State Farm agent today and he was able to get me onto a much more reasonable rate of $1600 a year for the same coverage. So it seems the lady I talked to yesterday was just trying to make the company some money instead of helping me get a reasonable rate.

DETHRONE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
State: CA
Trim: Sport
Tranny: CVT
Color: SGP
MSRP: $24,498

TOTAL OTD: $23,500 w/ ceramic tint package included

Picked it up on valentines day so basically within the timeline of "presidents day sales". Dealer tried to sell my wife and I on a 2019 and probably would have gave me a great deal on it. However, I held out for the 2020 and negotiated a good price and even had the dealer throw in a tint package to seal the deal.

Pineapple

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hatch LX (FK7) 2012 Civic LX
Country flag
Hello Fellow Hatchbackers,

Just created my account because I picked up a Honda yesterday!

State: FL
Trim: LX
Color: Polished Metal Metallic
MSRP: $21,750

Total OTD: $22,000 with resist-all treatment, mud guards, and all weather rubber mats including cargo mat

It is exactly what I've been looking for in a car, sporty, well designed, strong/efficient engine, safe, and roomy. Only added extra was the Resistall treatment, with a lifetime warranty they "threw in" because I'm a First Responder. So far it has been extremely comfortable, Honda sensing is amazing, and the mpg's are incredible. Coming from a 2001 Toyota Tundra with 275k miles on her, which still runs like a top. Potentially selling it privately depending on how much use it will get. Dealer was only willing to give me $1k trade in value for it. Put down $15k, financed $7k at 1.9% for 36 months and overall stoked to be a Civic owner! I'd like to do a few tasteful mods with wheels/tires, ceramic tint, roof rack, maybe a catch oil can for direct injection preventative maintenance, and potentially upgrading the infotainment system to a Dasaita PX6 or future model if they can get some of the bugs worked out. Any tips with ownership, break in period, scheduled maintenance, or things to be aware of would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

akirarex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
Hello Fellow Hatchbackers,

Just created my account because I picked up a Honda yesterday!

State: FL
Trim: LX
Color: Modern Steel Metallic
MSRP: $21,750

Total OTD: $22,000 with resist-all treatment, mud guards, and all weather rubber mats including cargo mat

It is exactly what I've been looking for in a car, sporty, well designed, strong/efficient engine, safe, and roomy. Only added extra was the Resistall treatment, with a lifetime warranty they "threw in" because I'm a First Responder. So far it has been extremely comfortable, Honda sensing is amazing, and the mpg's are incredible. Coming from a 2001 Toyota Tundra with 275k miles on her, which still runs like a top. Potentially selling it privately depending on how much use it will get. Dealer was only willing to give me $1k trade in value for it. Put down $15k, financed $7k at 1.9% for 36 months and overall stoked to be a Civic owner! I'd like to do a few tasteful mods with wheels/tires, ceramic tint, roof rack, maybe a catch oil can for direct injection preventative maintenance, and potentially upgrading the infotainment system to a Dasaita PX6 or future model if they can get some of the bugs worked out. Any tips with ownership, break in period, scheduled maintenance, or things to be aware of would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Do not be a "I want to be super nice to my brand new car and change my oil right away so it stays perfectly new" type person.
Honda says do not change the first oil change too soon (before maintenance minder tells you to) because the oil in there is for breaking in the engine. So keep it in for at least 3-5k miles minimum. Problem is with the maintenance minder system is if you drive a lot of highway and conservatively it will not tell you that you need an oil change for like 10-12k miles or longer. That's too long in my opinion on a turbo direct injected engine. I would only use Honda HCF2 cvt fluid when you need to do transmission fluid changes.

Do not drive short distances (car not substantially heating up). It will likely lead to excessive gasoline in the oil pan, rotting exhaust, and sometimes rotting rotors. The heat in the engine makes the gasoline evaporate out of the oil. The heat in the exhaust pipes makes the water evaporate out of it. Cars are designed to be used, so use them.

Hatchbacks C-pillars are a real blind spot. When merging onto highways I have been caught off guard numerous times as cars were really hidden in those thick pillars. I turn my head to look back all the time and sometimes cars are just perfectly timed to pop out at you.

If you have Econ mode on, and it's hot out, the AC performance may not be good enough to keep you comfortable (if it's really hot and humid out). You may have to cancel Econ mode to get the AC to go back to normal mode to cool down. AC performance is not that great compared to many other vehicles.

Honda Dealerships sell wiper blade inserts so you can just buy the rubber strip part that wears out for like $8 or $9 each. Don't ever throw out the wiper blades that came on your car from Honda, the inserts only fit in them.

General ownership: if you are a handy type person.... do periodic brake maintenances, clean those slide pins and lube them, clean the ends of the pads and lube them, clean the caliper bracket areas where the pads touch and lube them. Do not put grease on the backs of the rear brake pads where the piston touches because the electronic parking brake will not be able to gauge the pressure properly if grease is in that area.

These cars eat rocks, stones, bugs, dirt, etc.........expect some chips in your front end and windshield.

Driving with your rear seats folded down will be a little noisier than with them in the normal position.

When you are braking to come to a stop, the cvt will disengage at a very low mile per hour (like 2 or 3mph), and you might want to accelerate at that exact moment again, like the light turning green, it may act odd for a split second when it re-engages and power is delivered again. This is normal and you may find that you adjust your driving habit ever so slightly to avoid it if it's annoying.

The door seals at the bottom of your doors are rubber tubes with open ends. When water gets in them and you open the door fast it splashes your pants and shoes. I put foam in the ends so water couldn't get in there anymore. If you wash your car it will weep for what appears to be days after.

Pineapple

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hatch LX (FK7) 2012 Civic LX
Country flag
Do not be a "I want to be super nice to my brand new car and change my oil right away so it stays perfectly new" type person.
Honda says do not change the first oil change too soon (before maintenance minder tells you to) because the oil in there is for breaking in the engine. So keep it in for at least 3-5k miles minimum. Problem is with the maintenance minder system is if you drive a lot of highway and conservatively it will not tell you that you need an oil change for like 10-12k miles or longer. That's too long in my opinion on a turbo direct injected engine. I would only use Honda HCF2 cvt fluid when you need to do transmission fluid changes.

Do not drive short distances (car not substantially heating up). It will likely lead to excessive gasoline in the oil pan, rotting exhaust, and sometimes rotting rotors. The heat in the engine makes the gasoline evaporate out of the oil. The heat in the exhaust pipes makes the water evaporate out of it. Cars are designed to be used, so use them.

Hatchbacks C-pillars are a real blind spot. When merging onto highways I have been caught off guard numerous times as cars were really hidden in those thick pillars. I turn my head to look back all the time and sometimes cars are just perfectly timed to pop out at you.

If you have Econ mode on, and it's hot out, the AC performance may not be good enough to keep you comfortable (if it's really hot and humid out). You may have to cancel Econ mode to get the AC to go back to normal mode to cool down. AC performance is not that great compared to many other vehicles.

Honda Dealerships sell wiper blade inserts so you can just buy the rubber strip part that wears out for like $8 or $9 each. Don't ever throw out the wiper blades that came on your car from Honda, the inserts only fit in them.

General ownership: if you are a handy type person.... do periodic brake maintenances, clean those slide pins and lube them, clean the ends of the pads and lube them, clean the caliper bracket areas where the pads touch and lube them. Do not put grease on the backs of the rear brake pads where the piston touches because the electronic parking brake will not be able to gauge the pressure properly if grease is in that area.

These cars eat rocks, stones, bugs, dirt, etc.........expect some chips in your front end and windshield.

Driving with your rear seats folded down will be a little noisier than with them in the normal position.

When you are braking to come to a stop, the cvt will disengage at a very low mile per hour (like 2 or 3mph), and you might want to accelerate at that exact moment again, like the light turning green, it may act odd for a split second when it re-engages and power is delivered again. This is normal and you may find that you adjust your driving habit ever so slightly to avoid it if it's annoying.

The door seals at the bottom of your doors are rubber tubes with open ends. When water gets in them and you open the door fast it splashes your pants and shoes. I put foam in the ends so water couldn't get in there anymore. If you wash your car it will weep for what appears to be days after.
Wow, thanks for the plethora of info, this is exactly the type of stuff I was hoping to learn joining this forum! Do not mind the CVT at all, it's quiet as can be, and keeps the mpg high. The only thing negative I've noticed is a buzzing out of my driver's side door panel when I'm driving. Not sure if it's wind or speaker rattle. Is this a common thing?

akirarex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
I've had more rattles from the plastic interior A pillar not fitting correctly against the dashboard. I put some thin foam there.
My door will only have a rattle maybe one time a year.
I have a weird noise/vibration from the mirror. There is a seal in the pivot area that flutters at high speed. Accords had this problem and it just gets glued down to stop the noise.

Get everything taken care of that you find as soon as possible. While the Civic Hatchback is a great car, it's still made in an assembly line and not everything goes to plan.

The front lift points on this car are a pain in the butt if you don't have a low profile floor jack. It's in the center behind the engine-hard to see, hard to get to. The rear one is easy, the front one should be just as easy like older Civics were.

2020EX

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX, 2003 Accord EX-L
Country flag
State: VA
Trim: EX
Color: Aegean Blue Metallic
Options: Splash Guards and rear seat protectors
Price: $21,694
Tax: $933.47
Fees Title/Tags: $872.35

TOTAL OTD: $23,500

edit: also came with trunk liner

Last edited:

Kimochero

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EXL 2020
Hello Community!
Since 2016 I've been wanting to get a Civic Hatchback! Every time I saw one I was like "I want it... looks so sickkkk"
Finally got it!

State: VA
Trim: EX-L
Color: Aegean Blue
MRSP + deliver Price: $26,724

TOTAL OTD Price: $24,840.80

tkayzx

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey everyone! Bought my 2020 hatchback sport last month. Loving it! Just changed the sidemarkers to smoke and put on some type R/touring LED retrofit lights. Looking more aggressive now.

State: CA
Trim: Sport
Color: Platinum White Pearl
MSRP: 23,000
OTD: 23,500 with accessories (mud guards, wheel locks, and trunk tray)

cheesesteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Howdy from TX CivX Community,

Looking at a 2020 Hatchback Sport w/CVT and these are the numbers I got:

MSRP: 24,605
Sale: 22,500 (no add-ons)
OTD: 24,300

Yay/nay? If I can hold out until Labor Day or December, the deals will only get better right? What number range is fair for this trim?

LookingForFK7

First Name
Jaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag

Yay/nay? If I can hold out until Labor Day or December, the deals will only get better right? What number range is fair for this trim?
This seems okay, not great or terrible. No one definitively knows what the future holds, but I've been looking for a good deal on a 2020 Sport Touring and I was getting a lot higher discounts at the beginning of COVID (early April) than I am seeing now. So the deals can be better, but given the current situation, they are at best as good as deals pre-COVID.

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag

The 22,500 is better than most around here in SW PA, and actually maybe as low as I've seen on the forum.

baodotcom

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Country flag

Shipments from the UK plants are starting to trickle in. The Sport with CVT that I just negotiated here in the Chicago area was for 22K + TAX. There were other dealers near that figure so at least here they are dealing. The car I am getting is arriving sometime next week. If you can wait, prices will go down but if you want to buy today, I would try to see if you can get closer to 22K.

cheesesteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Shipments from the UK plants are starting to trickle in. The Sport with CVT that I just negotiated here in the Chicago area was for 22K + TAX. There were other dealers near that figure so at least here they are dealing. The car I am getting is arriving sometime next week. If you can wait, prices will go down but if you want to buy today, I would try to see if you can get closer to 22K.
Honda slowed-down/stopped production in the UK where the Hatchbacks are made back in March or so due to covid, but recently started up again in June. I wonder if this next batch was already en route or if this a "fresh batch" that might suffer from quality control issues due to all the craziness.
Sponsored