Hatchback - What did you pay?

MD Vet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta TDI
Country flag
What did you pay for your Hatch? To prevent confusion and arguments please use the format below. If you don’t know something just fill in the out-the-door (OTD) price. Thanks everyone.

State: MD
Trim: EX
Tranny: CVT
Color: Black
Options: Splash Guard Set & Wheel Locks
Price: $21,484
Price after trade: N/A
Destination Charge: $835
Tax: 6% $1,357
Title/Tags: $280
Dealer (processing) Fee: $299

TOTAL OTD: $24,255
Sponsored

Last edited:

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Thanks, maybe add the discount off MSRP right under price? I'm not sure the tax, title fees etc are needed, only negotiable/added fees like dealer fees.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What did you pay for your Hatch? To prevent confusion and arguments please use the format below. If you don’t know something just fill in the out-the-door (OTD) price. Thanks everyone.

State: MD
Trim: EX
Color: Black
Options: Wireless phone charger
Price: $22,019
Destination Charge: $835
Tax: 6% $1,371.24
Title/Tags: $280
Dealer (processing) Fee: $299

TOTAL OTD: $24,804.24
Which dealer was this at? I'm thinking of getting the same minus the color (PMM) but not til probably April of next year.

Mike8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback, 2016 Toyota Tundra, 2014 Subaru Outback
State: NC
Trim: EX-L w/ Navigation
Color: Sonic Gray
Options: Splash Guard Set, Wheel Locks, & Trunk Tray
Price: $25,495
Destination Charge: $835 (already included in the price)
Tax: 0 (titled in another state)
Title/Tags: $66
Dealer (processing) Fee: $598
Discounts: Military- $500, College Grad- $500

TOTAL OTD: $25,159

Last edited:

MilfShake2108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatchback LX 6SPD Manual
Country flag
I live in Winnipeg, Canada. Today after 1h of negotiation I got this offer from dealer, said no because it was $300 off my ceiling offer.

Car: Civic Hatchback LX Manual Transmission
Sticker price: 24,340
My final offer: 22,700
Dealer final offer: 23,000

Pricing are before tax. I'm not intending to pay any bullsh!t like DOC fee or documentation fee so I'm going to have to deal with that if I agree to this offer.

What do you guys think about this offer? Should I take this?

OP
OP
MD Vet

MD Vet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta TDI
Country flag
Sorry Milf, I'm not familiar with the Canadian market.

Mike8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback, 2016 Toyota Tundra, 2014 Subaru Outback
I live in Winnipeg, Canada. Today after 1h of negotiation I got this offer from dealer, said no because it was $300 off my ceiling offer.

Car: Civic Hatchback LX Manual Transmission
Sticker price: 24,340
My final offer: 22,700
Dealer final offer: 23,000

Pricing are before tax. I'm not intending to pay any bullsh!t like DOC fee or documentation fee so I'm going to have to deal with that if I agree to this offer.

What do you guys think about this offer? Should I take this?
Does the sticker price include add-ons or is this strictly MSRP? Either way, I do not think there is a whole lot of negotiate room in the civic hatchback just because it is a new body style and have only been on lots for a couple of weeks. At least that is what all the car dealers around here told me, but I could just be gullible.

Good luck and I hope you get the price you want.

OP
OP
MD Vet

MD Vet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta TDI
Country flag
Yeah man, these things are brand new. There are people out there that can (and will) pay sticker price (or maybe higher), so the dealers are going to tend to hold steady. Wait for the end of the year and I'm sure the price will move a little. Overall, what I have learned about Honda is that the cars sell well. Because of this, the dealers don't have to drop their prices much to move them. It's no skin off their nose if they lose you, Joe Shmo is right behind you in line and will pay what they want.

EADGBE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EXL Hatch
Yeah man, these things are brand new. There are people out there that can (and will) pay sticker price (or maybe higher), so the dealers are going to tend to hold steady. Wait for the end of the year and I'm sure the price will move a little. Overall, what I have learned about Honda is that the cars sell well. Because of this, the dealers don't have to drop their prices much to move them. It's no skin off their nose if they lose you, Joe Shmo is right behind you in line and will pay what they want.
My experience as well. A long time acquaintance of mine is a Sales Manager at a Honda dealer, and he thinks this will be a niche car and less of a "commodity" vehicle like the sedans. They are building fewer, there will be fewer on the lots, and not everyone wants a hatchback. I'd be surprised to see aggressive dealing on these even 6 months from now. For me it's not worth it to wait a year to save what would probably be less than $1k.

MilfShake2108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatchback LX 6SPD Manual
Country flag
Does the sticker price include add-ons or is this strictly MSRP? Either way, I do not think there is a whole lot of negotiate room in the civic hatchback just because it is a new body style and have only been on lots for a couple of weeks. At least that is what all the car dealers around here told me, but I could just be gullible.

Good luck and I hope you get the price you want.
That sticker price includes things like mats, wheelocks and tire rotation service, I told the dealer to take them all off and in addition give me some discounts to get them to lower the price to $23,000

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Seems like a bit much. Just ordered a 6MT Sport and got them down to 19,900. Build date was 9/28 so i have some waiting to do now :(

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
do you know how long it'll take from the build date? Sounds like you got $2100 off MSRP? That's an amazing deal.

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
I've been doing alot of back and forth with nearby dealerships until I got them to this deal. They were pretty clueless as to when it would arrive. I'm guessing atleast a month seeing as I'm in the midwest
Sponsored