Hatchback - What did you pay?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed a honda dealer this weekend and he said he can't special order anything, and the first EX-L's with Honda Sensing are arriving late Jan on his sheet; actually that that's before Sport Touring. Think we're end of the line here or something. So when people said they "ordered" one, did they just put a deposit down on one that was already on the dealers arrival sheet? or was the guy i talked to blowing smoke.
They have 4 EXL's at my Honda dealership. As far as Sport Touring's I asked my Honda dealership this weekend they said they did NOT have anything on a production date yet, and that Honda forbids them from taking deposits on cars that are not even in production yet, as an unethical practice. Though apparently some unethical dealerships are doing it.
Sponsored

sd_tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Tacoma
Yeah they have EX-Ls too.. "With Honda Sensing" is the thing they don't have. That option isn't on the website yet either, but will be offered.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah they have EX-Ls too.. "With Honda Sensing" is the thing they don't have. That option isn't on the website yet either, but will be offered.
Ahh yea sorry my error they do not have any with sensing, thats one reason I unpulled the trigger and returned the Hatchback I bought 1 hour or so after buying. I just did not feel as safe as I do in my 16' Civic Touring Sedan with it

sd_tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Tacoma
Ahh yea sorry my error they do not have any with sensing, thats one reason I unpulled the trigger and returned the Hatchback I bought 1 hour or so after buying. I just did not feel as safe as I do in my 16' Civic Touring Sedan with it
you'll eventually have the option to get it on LX, EX, EX-L hatches as well. EX-L w/ Sensing is what I think i'm going with assuming its $1k (so 27,135 w/ destination charge MSRP). Save a little over the touring for stuff I don't necessarily need + premium gas.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
you'll eventually (when the sport tourings arrive) can get it on LX, EX, EX-L hatches as well. EX-L w/ Sensing is what I think i'm going with assuming its $1k (so 27,135 w/ destination charge MSRP). Save a little over the touring for stuff I don't necessarily need + premium gas.
My touring does not need premium gas? Why would the hatchback touring need it?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
"Recommended Premium" .. for the extra 6hp! :)
Oh plz not worth the cost of the gas, I have put premium in mine for 3 straight tanks, noticed absolutely zero difference

anntrn93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch Sport Touring
I emailed a honda dealer this weekend and he said he can't special order anything, and the first EX-L's with Honda Sensing are arriving late Jan on his sheet; actually that that's before Sport Touring. Think we're end of the line here or something. So when people said they "ordered" one, did they just put a deposit down on one that was already on the dealers arrival sheet? or was the guy i talked to blowing smoke.
The paper work I got says "Vehicle Purchase Order". The dealer explained to me that they send this order to the manufacturer and they will make sure that the first delivery of the Sport Tourings will guarantee to have a Polished Metal Metallic - which is the color I requested. & It will sit on the lot waiting for me to pick it up. Also, ordering locks down the price you negotiated. So say John wants to pay MSRP+ for that one car he can't get it because it's reserved for you.

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
I was told by 3 local honda dealers thay they can not place orders for the hatchbacks. I thought it was BS that's why I went to 2 others. Not sure if it's a regional thing or of its just because they brand new models. Was a bit frustrating but also kind of neat to think their might not be 20k civic hatchbacks produced. Thay probably won't be the case but eat to think that.

Last edited:

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had to look far and wide to find exactly what I wanted, a white orchid pearl manual hatch sport. I found two of them within 300 miles of my home, and had each dealer bid against each other. I then threw in an Aegean blue sport manual hatch in the mix in order to get an even better price. Ended up flying from NY to NC, and drove it back 650 miles to my house in a day (worth it).

Price - 20750 - including the interior illumination kit in red
dealer fee & plates - 700 dollars

I think I did alright considering it was a hard to find car.

* EDIT: I forgot to add - they had this listed for 24,950, with additional things like window tinting, floor mats, paint protection and a couple of other things added to it. I paid nothing for those...

Last edited:

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to look far and wide to find exactly what I wanted, a white orchid pearl manual hatch sport. I found two of them within 300 miles of my home, and had each dealer bid against each other. I then threw in an Aegean blue sport manual hatch in the mix in order to get an even better price. Ended up flying from NY to NC, and drove it back 650 miles to my house in a day (worth it).

Price - 20750 - including the interior illumination kit in red
dealer fee & plates - 700 dollars

I think I did alright considering it was a hard to find car.
that's a good deal, maybe the dealer I purchased at was being honest about "invoice" price being $20630.

Carrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Share a 2015 Rav4
Country flag
that's a good deal, maybe the dealer I purchased at was being honest about "invoice" price being $20630.
http://www.civicx.com/threads/2017-civic-hatchback-priced-from-19700-us-arrives-next-week.5694/

Here is invoice pricing, thanks to CivicX member Chart.

LX manual - $18,313.29
LX CVT - $19,083.90
Sport manual - $19,794.84
Sport CVT - $20,835.15
EX CVT - $21,184.34
EX-L CVT - $23,089.74
Here is the dealer invoice and suggested MSRP for the Civic Hatchback..I tried to enhance the image, but I do not have Photoshop.

Edit: After zooming in and using some photo software.. the prices for dealer invoice is the following:

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback - What did you pay? untitled2-

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
http://www.civicx.com/threads/2017-civic-hatchback-priced-from-19700-us-arrives-next-week.5694/

Here is invoice pricing, thanks to CivicX member Chart.

LX manual - $18,313.29
LX CVT - $19,083.90
Sport manual - $19,794.84
Sport CVT - $20,835.15
EX CVT - $21,184.34
EX-L CVT - $23,089.74
Here is the dealer invoice and suggested MSRP for the Civic Hatchback..I tried to enhance the image, but I do not have Photoshop.

Edit: After zooming in and using some photo software.. the prices for dealer invoice is the following:
so about 1k over for a car that is like finding a needle in a haystack, still a solid deal in my opinion.

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so about 1k over for a car that is like finding a needle in a haystack, still a solid deal in my opinion.
I'm pretty happy with it, especially since two other dealers wouldn't budge below 21,800.