Hatchback - What did you pay?

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait until the Si is released before you buy a Hatchback.. right now your just going to pay too much
Sponsored

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I've been doing alot of back and forth with nearby dealerships until I got them to this deal. They were pretty clueless as to when it would arrive. I'm guessing atleast a month seeing as I'm in the midwest
But how do you know that they'll keep the car for you? All the dealers I talked to stated that they don't take deposits for cars, always a first come first serve basis.

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
I signed documents locking in the price I will be paying and completing financing with when the car comes in. I got the general manager to put in writing that the car is reserved for me

anntrn93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch Sport Touring
But how do you know that they'll keep the car for you? All the dealers I talked to stated that they don't take deposits for cars, always a first come first serve basis.
if the car is in transit or being built with a VIN available, you can put down a non-refundable deposit to lock your purchase price for that car. The amount of the deposit can vary. Also, if you are financing they might want to go ahead and have you complete the paperwork.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
if the car is in transit or being built with a VIN available, you can put down a non-refundable deposit to lock your purchase price for that car. The amount of the deposit can vary. Also, if you are financing they might want to go ahead and have you complete the paperwork.
That's so weird. All the dealers I've talked to, even with those that have the car I want in transit state they can't take deposits. Had one dealer even tell me it's illegal. Maybe it's a california thing? Basically I have to jump on it once the car hits the lot incase anyone else decides to get to it first. Then again, I'm relying on the dealer to let me know as soon as the second it hits the lot.

anntrn93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch Sport Touring
That's so weird. All the dealers I've talked to, even with those that have the car I want in transit state they can't take deposits. Had one dealer even tell me it's illegal. Maybe it's a california thing? Basically I have to jump on it once the car hits the lot in case anyone else decides to get to it first. Then again, I'm relying on the dealer to let me know as soon as the second it hits the lot.

Could be a california thing. Who knows - but anyway, how bad do you need a car? if you have a car right now or don't really need one I suggest waiting ... at least until there are more color options. I'm pretty much set on the white Sport touring but i've seen the polished metal metallic and having second thoughts...so i will definitely wait a bit long (i'm going to have to wait anyway) to see both colors in person.

This car has only been on sale for less than a month...i'm sure there are more coming. Now i can't say the same for the Manuals...those will be hard to come by let alone having lots of color options..

TT-00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatchback
Just pickup my Sport polished metal metallic last night
Sticker price - $22,935
Deal at - $22,070 plus TTL below
Tax- 8.7%
Doc-$150
TL-$115

kayaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Just pickup my Sport polished metal metallic last night
Sticker price - $22,935
Deal at - $22,070 plus TTL below
Tax- 8.7%
Doc-$150
TL-$115
That's not bad considering they are just hitting the lots. You did better than I did.

- Sticker on the EX with the CVT is $23,635 (USD).
- I got them down to an even $23K.

I probably could've gotten a few more hundred off but I really DESPISE the negotiating process and I needed a car quickly. They promised it would be a few days for the color I wanted, but it took over two weeks. I'm picking it up tomorrow.

17Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CRV EXL AWD; 18 CRV EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EX-L w/nav
Aegean blue
All weather floor and cargo mats & 2yrs. free maintenance
6% sales tax (approx. $1570 but I paid only $500 in sales tax so they could list sales price as $26.5k on paperwork) + doc fees. I guess that helps in sales reporting or something.
OTD $27.2k

I knew I'd be paying msrp of $26.1k (after destination fees), and I was okay with that to have the first one sold around here. I think it will be awhile before there's any negotiating room on a brand new model, and I hate the negotiating process --glad I won't have to go through that again for several years. I even got it before they had a chance to put the dealer decal under the Civic logo. ;)
Went with that dealer because I like the service dept.

Totally happy with the car! Doubt my experience will be helpful, but sharing because I appreciated everyone who shared their experiences when I joined the forum.

anon5151

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, F150
2017 Civic EX-L Hatchback with navi. $24,400 vehicle price, 3% sales tax, $699 doc fees. Hendrick Honda of Charlotte.

UPDATE: forgot to include it has navi

kayaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Congratulations! What color did you opt for? If that includes the $835 Destination charge, then that's a GREAT price! Even if your $24,400 DOESN'T include $835 destination charge, you still would have gotten $900 off MSRP.

17Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CRV EXL AWD; 18 CRV EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations! What color did you opt for? If that includes the $835 Destination charge, then that's a GREAT price! Even if your $24,400 DOESN'T include $835 destination charge, you still would have gotten $900 off MSRP.
I agree that's a great price. Did it include destination? MSRP with it is 26,100.

Mike8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback, 2016 Toyota Tundra, 2014 Subaru Outback
2017 Civic EX-L Hatchback with navi. $24,400 vehicle price, 3% sales tax, $699 doc fees. Hendrick Honda of Charlotte.

UPDATE: forgot to include it has navi
That is an AWESOME price. The best I could get them to come down to was about $25,500 in Southern Pines. Wish I would have drove the 2 hours to Charlotte.

Don't forget to pick up the pennies you find there, one might be worth $1,000.
Sponsored