Hatchback - What did you pay?

charlesatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot, 2010 Toyota Corolla
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just put a deposit on a 2017 Polished Metal with Black Leather Sport Touring got it for $28k without much haggling. They 1st said $29125 MSRP, which they had to look up... Told them $28k, then he had to "go talk to his manager", came back and said they couldn't do it. He asked where I got 28k from, I said I saw on a forum that his invoice was $27300 and people all over were getting them locked in at 28k. Went back to his manager, then came back out and shaked my hand. He said their system showed a build date of 12/13-17 and he wasn't 100% on which of those dates production would start, but guesstimated they'd have it in 3-4 weeks after they start production.

Has anybody ordered one? How long did it take from production date to delivery?

Thanks for the help guys! I'm stoked!
Sponsored

david91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Just put a deposit on a 2017 Polished Metal with Black Leather Sport Touring got it for $28k without much haggling. They 1st said $29125 MSRP, which they had to look up... Told them $28k, then he had to "go talk to his manager", came back and said they couldn't do it. He asked where I got 28k from, I said I saw on a forum that his invoice was $27300 and people all over were getting them locked in at 28k. Went back to his manager, then came back out and shaked my hand. He said their system showed a build date of 12/13-17 and he wasn't 100% on which of those dates production would start, but guesstimated they'd have it in 3-4 weeks after they start production.

Has anybody ordered one? How long did it take from production date to delivery?

Thanks for the help guys! I'm stoked!
I ordered one through my dealership last week. They told me that they expected the car between the 16th and 20th of the month. I am guessing that that is the build date of the care which would be in line with what you were told, but who knows. Guess we will all be finding out soon!

newbiebuyer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL 2003
Country flag
I just purchased a 2017 Hatchback Civic EX-L Navi registered in Chicago, IL.

State: Illinois
Selling Price: $22,900.71
Sales Tax-Cook County Chicago (9.50%): $2,194.02
New Plates: $101
County Flat Tax: $15
Electronic Filing Fee: $25
Doc Fee: $169.27
Title & Registration: $95
Out of Door Total: $25,500

Does not include any extras like mats, etc.

raygold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
I am shooting to purchase an EX-L the week between Christmas and New Years. I live in the Santa Barbara CA area. I have read the end of the month can get you the best deals so I would think the end of the month combined with the end of the year might be one of the best times to buy. I know one salesman who is up for the Salesman of the Year award at his dealership. He will be highly motivated and is a nice non-pressure salesman so I will let him try and match the best deal I find. I am going to do as much online by sending out many requests out including Truecar and get the Costco quote. I did try Truecar about 6-weeks ago but it turned out for a variety of reasons I was not ready to buy. I second the idea of getting a throwaway email AND not give them your real telephone number as they will inundate you with calls. Do y'all just put a phony telephone number in when you request Truecar quotes? Any other suggestions are most welcome.

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
I just purchased a 2017 Hatchback Civic EX-L Navi registered in Chicago, IL.

State: Illinois
Selling Price: $22,900.71
Sales Tax-Cook County Chicago (9.50%): $2,194.02
New Plates: $101
County Flat Tax: $15
Electronic Filing Fee: $25
Doc Fee: $169.27
Title & Registration: $95
Out of Door Total: $25,500

Does not include any extras like mats, etc.
do the current EX-L with navi come with Honda sensing?

david91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic EX Sedan
do the current EX-L with navi come with Honda sensing?
It can, but the Honda sensing isn't out yet on the hatchback, which is why the Sport Touring trim isn't yet out. Honda Sensing in the different trim levels should start showing up after the 1st of the year from what we hear.

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
It can, but the Honda sensing isn't out yet on the hatchback, which is why the Sport Touring trim isn't yet out. Honda Sensing in the different trim levels should start showing up after the 1st of the year from what we hear.
Thanks, I was just confused because all the Honda reps at the auto show told me that ALL the EX-L's come with honda sensing.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would shoot for these prices or less. $500 under sounds about right... Just wait. Let the bugs get worked out. Stop paying over invoice.

Someone posted the invoice pricing a while ago:

LX manual - $18,313.29
LX CVT - $19,083.90
Sport manual - $19,794.84
Sport CVT - $20,835.15
EX CVT - $21,184.34
EX-L CVT - $23,089.74

I don't know how accurate this is but seems pretty legit...So try to get as close to it as you can...I'd suggest emailing the dealers through their websites instead of going to them in person. Saves time, and let them know you are shopping around also so they don't waste your time on b.s quotes and "offers".

spanky34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I would shoot for these prices or less. $500 under sounds about right... Just wait. Let the bugs get worked out. Stop paying over invoice.
If these numbers are right, it seems like I got a pretty good deal on my CVT Sport. I got it about 1k under invoice.

Bugil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
The dealer give me OTD $23.244 for Civic ex hatch yesterday but I am still looking for $23,000.

Bawb333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O.o
Seems like adding sensing adds around 8-900$ to the MSRP.
My dealer quoted an EX w/Sensing At 24,646 OTD (This is factoring Tax with a Trade in though, add another 1g if you're paying tax on the whole amount). They offering the console lighting, footwell lighting, and auto-dimming mirror installed at no charge.
Build Date is 1/13 - Here's to waiting.

raygold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Seems like adding sensing adds around 8-900$ to the MSRP.
My dealer quoted an EX w/Sensing At 24,646 OTD (This is factoring Tax with a Trade in though, add another 1g if you're paying tax on the whole amount). They offering the console lighting, footwell lighting, and auto-dimming mirror installed at no charge.
Build Date is 1/13 - Here's to waiting.
Honda Sensing adds exactly $1,000 to the MSRP except on the Touring which already includes it. The difficulty is finding a model with Sensing. I could not find a EX-L sedan with it here in SoCal.

anntrn93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch Sport Touring
Honda Sensing adds exactly $1,000 to the MSRP except on the Touring which already includes it. The difficulty is finding a model with Sensing. I could not find a EX-L sedan with it here in SoCal.
You can't find it because it is not yet available...