Hatchback suspension vs Coupe/Sedan suspension

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Are there any differences in the way the suspension is set up between the hatchback and the coupe/sedan?

I'm in the market for coilovers but all I see are Sedan/Coupe coilovers. I assume that they're the same? But has anyone confirmed it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
maaaaackle

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Nice. Honestly thats what I'm hoping to hear because to me, it doesnt make sense for honda to make a different suspension geometry JUST for the hatchback...but im not holding my breath at the moment.

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
Are there any differences in the way the suspension is set up between the hatchback and the coupe/sedan?

I'm in the market for coilovers but all I see are Sedan/Coupe coilovers. I assume that they're the same? But has anyone confirmed it?
I've read on multiple sites that the suspension tuning is different for the hatch but nothing on whether the hardware itself is different.

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
the hatch has European suspension

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
European suspension usually refers to having a firmer ride
I thought my HB felt better, also looks lowered IDK I could be wrong but then again it could also be the tires. My boy has the 2016 Coupe Touring.

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ill be adding a strut bar soon and maybe some other suspension bars as they come out for the hatch

ultraracingusa

Ultra Racing USA - Marketing and Product Research
First Name
Jesse Ramirez
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ultraracing-usa.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda FK7 Hatch, 2015 Toyota Venza Waggon, 2010 Acura TL-Tech, 1991 Toyota MR2
The 2017 Hatch (FK7) may have different chassis numbers, but the subframes are the same, only difference is the swaybars in the hatch are bigger and the shocks are stiffer.

We are product testing the Ultra Racing USA chassis braces from the Coupe/Sedan FC1/FC2 on the FK7 hatch this week. Once I have all the images, I will share. But honestly I am 99% sure it is the same.

Last edited:
OP
OP
maaaaackle

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
The 2017 Hatch (FK7) may have different chassis numbers, but the subframes are the same, only difference is the swaybars in the hatch as bigger and the shocks are stiffer.

We are product testing the Ultra Racing USA chassis braces from the Coupe/Sedan FC1/FC2 on the FK7 hatch this week. Once I have all the images, I will share. But honestly I am 99% sure it is the same.
Despite the stiffness of the shocks, are they the same as the coupe/sedan?

Could I buy coilovers for a sedan/coupe and put it in my hatchback ?

ultraracingusa

First Name
Jesse Ramirez
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ultraracing-usa.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda FK7 Hatch, 2015 Toyota Venza Waggon, 2010 Acura TL-Tech, 1991 Toyota MR2
Despite the stiffness of the shocks, are they the same as the coupe/sedan?

Could I buy coilovers for a sedan/coupe and put it in my hatchback ?
Yes, the chassis are the same. Both 2 door, 4 door and 5 door. I have seen guy's here on the discussion place 2016 sedan coilovers to their 2017 hatch.

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I prefer a stiffer suspension for turning at higher speeds etc. but you will feel all the bumps and where I live its terrible so Im hesitant really wish they would put more parts out for the hatches Ive only had it 4 months and Im waiting lol

ultraracingusa

First Name
Jesse Ramirez
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ultraracing-usa.com
Vehicle(s)
I prefer a stiffer suspension for turning at higher speeds etc. but you will feel all the bumps and where I live its terrible so Im hesitant really wish they would put more parts out for the hatches Ive only had it 4 months and Im waiting lol
From what I understand on coilover. The rear springs are using 2013 Rubber for the spring purch. But pretty much the underframe is the same as the coupe and sedan.
Sponsored