Hatchback Strut Bar

gtchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
This ones for the hatch owners. I’m curious to know which strut bars you run. The hatchbacks have the strut plate, and I wonder if those need to come off to install some. I don’t want to take them off because of possible “mushrooming.” I’ve seen some fixes that use washers (sirimoto strut bar). Pictures would be awesome too!
Sponsored

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bump...looking at getting a strut bar as well for my hatch sport, any recommendations appreciated

OP
OP
gtchain

gtchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Sirimoto one, has been on for about a year and still hanging on without any issues.

-R
Did you have to put any washers or anything between the brackets and the strut plates? Or did it sit flush ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to put any washers or anything between the brackets and the strut plates? Or did it sit flush ?
If you're adding a strut bar, I don't think you need those plates. The strut bar's bracket should serve the same basic purpose, shouldn't it? I went with the Ultra Racing one piece bar and it's great.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just used what it came with and it installed fine :)

Craigman45

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I went with the sirimoto and had to remove the plates but the bar has incorporated a plate in the bar very nice so far...

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport
Country flag
I installed the UR with the strut brace. I used the washers that came with the bar and place it between the bar and brace because the brace curves and doesn’t let the bar sit flush. The washer makes it flush and fit great. I also used the oem bolts and left the car on the ground when bolting it down. It’s a nice bling piece and didn’t really feel much difference. eBay has one for $160 shipped with no tax.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got ultra racing strut bar, it's one piece , nice and solid, does not flex like two pieces.
I notice the car is more stable on speed bump and quick cornering is going to where I am heading to..
However, I also installed CTR sway bar same time so the improved cornering might because of the sway bar.

I took the oem plate off, I dont think you need that for strut bar installation.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Strut Bar 20180715_210248

Last edited:

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
Been watching this and other related threads... what are we bracing here? The strut towers are bonded to the firewall. Even if I were to run a solid bar between the towers... I imagine I'd have to stress the chassis very hard to gain any benefit. Not true?

Last edited:

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Been watching this and other related threads... what are we bracing here? The strut towers are bonded to the firewall. Even if I were to run a solid bar between the towers... I imagine I'd have to stress the chassis very hard to gain any benefit. Not true?
Running an Ultra Racing strut, in everyday driving the difference has been:
1) I had a rattle coming from the right A pillar area. That's gone away since installing the strut.
2) When driving on heavily grooved freeways, the car would exhibit tramlining, where I seemed to be doing minute steering corrections constantly. With the strut bar, the tramlining went away.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think most people use the Ultra Racing or the DC Sports as they seem to be the only ones that are one piece at the moment. I'm planning on the DC Sports when I have the money for parts again.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Having a solid one does seem to help a little with the hatch. I have the SiriMoto one right now but its not one solid piece. I can still tell the different with it on and have been running it for nearly 3 years without any issues. I am waiting on the 27won bar to be released in the summer then I will most likely get it and replace the SiriMoto one.

-R
Sponsored