Hatchback Sport Trunk Rust

stylezz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7
Country flag
Hey guys,

I just noticed the other day when washing the car there there is quite a bit of rust forming. It seems like the corner of the plastic part which connects to the hatch is rubbing. Im using a google image with the area circled. Is anyone else having this issue ?
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport Trunk Rust Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 9.59.36 PM
Sponsored

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hey guys,

I just noticed the other day when washing the car there there is quite a bit of rust forming. It seems like the corner of the plastic part which connects to the hatch is rubbing. Im using a google image with the area circled. Is anyone else having this issue ?
Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 9.59.36 PM.png

i need to check my car on the next car wash.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Here an actual picture

0A3757B8-F369-4F73-93DC-7156C52D17AC.jpeg
I'm getting a small spot on the right side where my spoiler and trunck meet on my 2016 EX-t
I'll mention it an my next mtce check where I'm going to ask them about the slow rear passenger side window and the rattle deep in my steering column when I turn left.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Take it to the dealer as you have a corrosion warranty for 10 years I think it is.

OP
OP

stylezz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7
Country flag
Take it to the dealer as you have a corrosion warranty for 10 years I think it is.
oh yeah awesome! I will take it to them. I also found more rust in the engine area which aligns the front part of hood on both sides.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, they seem to have reduced it to 5 years unlimited mileage. Check your manual to be sure.

Rust Perforation Limited Warranty
Honda’s Rust Perforation Limited Warranty, or corrosion warranty, provides protection against rust and deterioration for original body panels. This Honda warranty is good for five years and unlimited mileage. It does not protect against the rusting of body panels that were repaired, replaced, or refinished after the purchase of your vehicle.

OP
OP

stylezz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7
Country flag
Ah, they seem to have reduced it to 5 years unlimited mileage. Check your manual to be sure.

Rust Perforation Limited Warranty
Honda’s Rust Perforation Limited Warranty, or corrosion warranty, provides protection against rust and deterioration for original body panels. This Honda warranty is good for five years and unlimited mileage. It does not protect against the rusting of body panels that were repaired, replaced, or refinished after the purchase of your vehicle.

Thanks for the help. I contacted my local dealer, waiting to setup an appointment.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
The word perforation is the stickler. It has to be a “hole”, I simply tell them it’s easier to cut out and repair a small hole vs the inevitable larger hole
Sponsored