Hatchback Sport - front underbody trim HELP! (RESOLVED)

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My front underbody trim on the passengers side is loose somewhere. Does anyone what holds it on and how I can fix this?

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport - front underbody trim HELP! (RESOLVED) C4E2EF55-F3C3-4CE2-B4C4-E1B040F70ED5

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport - front underbody trim HELP! (RESOLVED) 05C9D071-6032-47DD-B43B-D99FCDC266E3

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Those just "bite" in on the edges. There should be some screws inside of the wheel weld that hold it snug in place - take a look there.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Should be a couple screws and several clips on the trim piece itself.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
There 2 clips I believe on the side behind the wheel liner. Take of the 2 screws on the side of the bumper inside the wheel well near the side marker and pull the black wheel liner to the side. You’ll barely have enough room to insert one hand. If you pull the front lip or move the front lip around you’ll see where the hole is to put the clip and the the front corner is held by a piece that bites on the bumper

Last edited:
OP
OP
kittyrichie

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There 2 clips I believe on the side behind the wheel liner. Take of the 2 screws on the side of the bumper inside the wheel well near the side marker and pull the black wheel liner to the side. You’ll barely have enough room to insert one hand. If you pull the front lip or move the front lip around you’ll see where the hole is to put the clip and the the front corner is held by a piece that bites on the bumper
the same screws to remove the side marker?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the same screws to remove the side marker?
Yes those same exact ones, but obviously you won’t be taking it off your just unscrewing it to be able to pull the black wheel liner to the side. It’s a little stiff and tough don’t be afraid to be a little aggressive with it to get it to pull to the side

OP
OP
kittyrichie

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes those same exact ones, but obviously you won’t be taking it off your just unscrewing it to be able to pull the black wheel liner to the side. It’s a little stiff and tough don’t be afraid to be a little aggressive with it to get it to pull to the side
thanks I’m gonna give it a go! Do you know how many clips hold one side so I know what I’m looking for?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
thanks I’m gonna give it a go! Do you know how many clips hold one side so I know what I’m looking for?
The reason I know is because mine recently popped out too cause of freeway trash:banghead: ... but I saw 2 holes. Didn’t look like screw holes to me, so I wanna say 2 clips should be there. I recommend just buying new ones from Honda because if it’s dangling I’m sure they’re probably broken. They’re very inexpensive plastic clips. As for the front corner just line up the tab with the hole on the bumper and push it in. Then put the clip in. I wasn’t able to reach the 2nd hole that was deeper in so I just put a clip on the last hole and so far it’s holding it up fine with just that single clip.

First image is the part number for the clip I used.
Second and third image is what the clip looks like

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport - front underbody trim HELP! (RESOLVED) BF0DFE1B-43B6-43D9-9E6A-900285B07763

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport - front underbody trim HELP! (RESOLVED) 530DF816-1FB6-4C78-A8D1-01D693EE8374

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport - front underbody trim HELP! (RESOLVED) 16DBC83E-6E3B-43AF-B10F-ACE1A53DF4B5