joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
The wing lifted up huh? That thing is noiceeeeeeeeeeeee!

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen hatchback spoiler hrstailclear

[Referring to the fiberglass wing portion, NOT the motorized part. Those are two separate pieces.]

Purchased this wing from a vendor on AliExpress for a helluva lot cheaper than what I've seen elsewhere. It took a little over a month to arrive at my residence in Hawaii. I was surprised the wing survived the shipping process, its box was completely obliterated. If you buy from the link I provided below be warned that your item has a high risk of being damaged. The vendor really needs to use a heavier/thicker cardboard.

Below are some notes I would recommend you consider before purchasing this product:
*This wing style needed some work before installing. The endcaps where the side pieces install were a little off. There are provisions where hardware screws into nut-certs (located on the end caps), the pass through hole on the wing was pretty off center and had to bored out with a dremel and steady hand.

*Also there are several burs from the fiberglass molding process they use. This product definitely does not have a premium finish, so do not expect it to be perfect. I masked off the surrounding area and hand sanded the burs with 800 grit.

*The fiberglass is super wavy on the deck portion and is obvious due to the high gloss paint.

*This wing style will not fit flush alike some of the other options the vendor sells/competitors offer. Only a 14" center section will properly contact the hatchback decklid (since the sides lift up). I've tried using industrial double-stick tape to secure it but have issues with the wing lifting over time. You could use a harder adhesive to bond the surfaces but would forfeit returning the decklid back to stock in the future. Keep in mind the Honda OEM decklid is an expensive part (74910-TGG-A01), so if you decide to permanently alter it in anyway it will cost you $$$ to find a replacement.

The manufacturer has this wing branded as "MC Racing". They also offer several similar designs, including a knockoff of the Type R Sportline style.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002061621705.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.5eff3c00ftOFBC&mp=1

I'm on the fence about recommending this product. It did require a bit of modification to get it to fit and technically it really doesn't seat flat on our hatch decklid. You could take it to a body shop and have them fiberglass/bondo the bottom side for a better flush fit. Looks unique from far but far from good up close. I most likely will put back the previous deck lip I had on before.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aegis7

Aegis7

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic hatchback ext
Country flag
Oh nice! Do you have any other pictures of the spoiler from other angles?
And btw, checking the link, what other products you can recommend from this vendor from aliexpressm? (if you bought any other parts)

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
Oh nice! Do you have any other pictures of the spoiler from other angles?
And btw, checking the link, what other products you can recommend from this vendor from aliexpressm? (if you bought any other parts)
Hmmm, the only other deck wing I think would be a better fit (from this vendor,) is the MC-3.
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/H4996f9286c244827b93b60f1cf546520r.jpg
I'm basing my assumptions off of the bottom right picture. According to the visual representation the MC-3 wing appears to sit fully flush across the whole hatch deck lid.

It is crazy to me that the wing/spoiler manufacturer didn't base all the designs off of this one mold. It seems each wing/spoiler version they produced all have a different base (where it mounts to the civic hatch deck lid).

I didn't have any issues with this vendor but be forewarned about AliExpress...
Although MOST transactions can be completed with PayPal, there is no guarantee whom AliExpress will favor if there is a dispute. It is a huge risk to be receiving cosmetic parts directly from overseas. Especially if the package is handed off through several regional shipping companies, customs, and finally local couriers. At that point if your item is damaged and you file a claim who is responsible for it? I only ask this question because if the overseas vendor won't accept responsibility then how will the issue be resolved if your packaged has passed through several couriers?
Identical products on AliExpress are often exponentially cheaper than their counterparts found on Ebay and Amazon. And, sometimes you are communicating directly with the manufacturer on AliExpress. Just keep in mind, when you weed out the middle man (the company stocking these parts on American soil) there are sometimes drawbacks. My rule of thumb when ordering from AliExpress is if I can afford to eat the cost then I'm willing to take the risk.

Hope this helps. I may sound a bit pessimistic about AliExpress but utilizing their marketplace can be worth the savings if you are balling on a budget and aren't in a hurry to receive your parts.

I'll try to post detailed pics of the wing later today.

OP
OP
Aegis7

Aegis7

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic hatchback ext
Country flag
Spent some time chatting with the seller and bought this spoiler:
Honda Civic 10th gen hatchback spoiler 573DD67B-A31A-4A1F-8DC9-2AC6FB707E2E
I will take like 2 months to arrive. Hope I will receive a 1 piece package.:bow:

snyperwolf62

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX w/Honda Sensing
Country flag
Oh wow, and I was worried that I was the only other person that bought this spoiler xD
I got mine through Primitive motorsport, but they didn't include the screws for the side pieces and the customer service was not very helpful. I had to go to Home Depot and figure it out myself (turns out its a M6-1 size screw). I didn't have as much issues with warping or misaligned screw holes, I had to keep refitting the screws until it held correctly, but I didn't have to bore any new holes. There are indeed a lot of leftover nubs and tape painted over with gloss black, but i was able to remove them with pliers. Other than that, I think it looks fine. Not a huge fan of the embossed logo on the sides though.

Bluu

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
That motorized spoiler is sick, where'd you get it from?
Sponsored