Hatchback rear wiper delete

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
:popcorn:
Never knew the rear wiper activated automatically in reverse when the front wipers were on until I drove my wife's Fit. Gotta find a silicone blade though, I've had to replace the insert twice in one year, seems to deteriorate very quickly since it sits so much.

Last Civic I had with a rear wiper was my 1991 CRX Si, really should have kept it.....both the wiper and the Si
Sponsored

Last edited:

Andrew Killian

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type r
Country flag

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you know if the Cobb wiper delete works for the Type R? I can’t find a size on the website
I do not know if the Cobb wiper delete works. You could ask them. The dimension for the one I used is listed on the website you might just need to convert mm to whatever they are using.

tripodog

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc2 sport 2.slow
Country flag
You can get 1” rubber plugs from the hardware store. Pop it in.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Just got this done. Looks much cleaner with out the wiper. I removed the entire wiper motor and with that, my third brake like doesn’t work. Checking the Florida laws to see if 3rd brake light is needed. Read somewhere that the car needs TWO working brake lights.

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Just got this done. Looks much cleaner with out the wiper. I removed the entire wiper motor and with that, my third brake like doesn’t work. Checking the Florida laws to see if 3rd brake light is needed. Read somewhere that the car needs TWO working brake lights.
The third brake light is required in CA.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
You might want to check your wiring connections. I removed the wiper motor as well, and still have a 3rd brake light:

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback rear wiper delete 8A97C8A4-4D56-41DE-94B8-85F3ACCCCD4E

Reactions: ATM

Mkuu

First Name
Miku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 CTR
Country flag
I'm waiting for Flush Wiper delete kit from KillAllWipers.com
But meanwhile I have question
Does the FK8 Type R Limited Edition have different tailgate inner lining? that doesn't have the wiper motor cover "box" ? (see the picture attached)
If so, does anyone know the part number for LE lining?
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback rear wiper delete ctr wiper box

And another question, not in the right topic, but does anyone know where I can find a plug for center rear view mirror base, as I have removed rear view mirror as well

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
I'm waiting for Flush Wiper delete kit from KillAllWipers.com
But meanwhile I have question
Does the FK8 Type R Limited Edition have different tailgate inner lining? that doesn't have the wiper motor cover "box" ? (see the picture attached)
If so, does anyone know the part number for LE lining?
Type R LE uses the same tailgate trim panel as every other hatchback, 84431-TGG-A11ZA. I also checked if the LE uses the same tailgate as the regular CTR but it is a different part number. I’m not sure what the difference is; I thought the LE would be missing the bracket that the wiper motor bolts on to but in the parts drawing, that bracket is still there.

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Country flag
Do you know if the Cobb wiper delete works for the Type R? I can’t find a size on the website
COBB works Ive used it on my FK7 for over a year with no leaks.

jcfishel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R #44709, 1993 300ZX Twin Turbo
Country flag