Hatchback rear wiper delete

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
has anyone done a rear wiper delete yet?
F*CK NO.

Every car I've owned since my first in 1990 has been a hatchback with a rear wiper. Now, whenever I drive a regular sedan and it snows/rains/mists/fogs/whatever, I reach for the rear wiper control knob THAT ISN'T THERE AND I CURSE THE CAR FOR NOT HAVING THE ABILITY TO CLEAN ITS OWN ASS.

:D :D

(Rain-X usually isn't enough, either; it did a so-so job on my wife's Camry)

Having said all that......

I'm sure you could use the same plug some EP3 owners used on their hatchbacks.
Sponsored

VEZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport+Sensing CVT (Canada) 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
F*CK NO.

Every car I've owned since my first in 1990 has been a hatchback with a rear wiper. Now, whenever I drive a regular sedan and it snows/rains/mists/fogs/whatever, I reach for the rear wiper control knob THAT ISN'T THERE AND I CURSE THE CAR FOR NOT HAVING THE ABILITY TO CLEAN ITS OWN ASS.

Yep! This all thread is ridiculous and Troll-like. Sounds like "Look man! Gonna remove my left and right mirrors to make my ride looking more like a concept car! Waddaya think?!?

BLK Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 1960 Classic Mini w/B16B
So you actually spent good money on one of the ugliest Civics ever made, and now you wanna start ripping things off it? You should delete yourself
Looks are subjective. 10th gen is actually one if the better civics design since the 90's. But who cares?

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
I've thought about doing this and settled on ignoring the wiper that is there. Rain-X does an amazing job since i don't have stop n go traffic on my commute.

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
What are you going to do if there's no wiper?!?!?! I don't understand. Pull over to the side and squeegee it every 5 min? That'll look SUUPPPEEER COOL
Wow, what a whiner.

Yeah, I mean, how have 90% of the cars on the road made it this far without them?!?! What ever will we do!?!?

You don't "NEED" a rear wiper.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow, what a whiner.

Yeah, I mean, how have 90% of the cars on the road made it this far without them?!?! What ever will we do!?!?

I may not "need" one, but after I've lived with one long enough (over 27 years now), I would never go without one if I had the choice.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
I'll say that my last 3 cars have all had rear wipers and I really love the feature. It's not a deal breaker when considering a new car IMO, but its definitely an advantage when choosing between cars.

As far as the aesthetics, I can certainly see how some people would think it makes the rear look a bit cluttered. I think the best solution is when the wiper is hidden. For example on the Lexus RX, and Toyota Sienna, the rear wiper is top mounted and hidden within the roofline spoiler when not in use. That's uber awesome and great looking!

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
Wow, what a whiner.

i thought it was due to the angle of the rear window and the air flow. When it gets more vertical it doesn't get much air to push the water droplets down. I know in the civic I would not be able to see out the rear sometimes without the wiper.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i thought it was due to the angle of the rear window and the air flow. When it gets more vertical it doesn't get much air to push the water droplets down. I know in the civic I would not be able to see out the rear sometimes without the wiper.
My first two Civics, both '86 hatchbacks, had a single big, flat, slab of glass for the rear window. They always needed cleaning.

There was even one instance when I drove through a deep, slushy late-winter puddle at speed and the aero draft behind the car lifted slush all over the back window. It was like someone threw a bucketful of the stuff against the back of my car.

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
Alls I'm saying is I'm tired of seeing people post questions asking for help on a subject only to have the majority of responses that follow be nothing more than opinions, typically against whatever the OP was asking.

It's really simple guys: if you have any insight into this query then post away, otherwise keep your thoughts to yourself. Especially if all you're gonna do is bash.

It happens WAY more on this forum than any other I'm a part of.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Alls I'm saying is I'm tired of seeing people post questions asking for help on a subject only to have the majority of responses that follow be nothing more than opinions, typically against whatever the OP was asking.

It's really simple guys: if you have any insight into this query then post away, otherwise keep your thoughts to yourself. Especially if all you're gonna do is bash.

It happens WAY more on this forum than any other I'm a part of.
I gave a helpful hint (bolded here):

F*CK NO.

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
kids will always remove small parts and be like my mods etc. lol

if it don't give you horsepower i don't really see the point aside from wrapping and rims / springs or coils /lighting

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Gonna revive this (slightly) old thread. I just picked up my hatch and I was considering this. I hate using wipers and I NEVER used the rear one when I had my Golf, my Impreza could've used a rear wiper but I managed without it. Same with my 99 Civic coupe. So I won't miss it when it's gone.

Someone mentioned an EP3 plug might work, so I found these:

http://www.killallwipers.com/product/honda-civic-ep1-ep2-ep3-flush-delete-kit

https://www.alloycarbon.com/en/27-honda

Was wondering if anyone knew the hole diameter in the FK rear hatch glass? I had a rear wiper motor out a few weeks ago (not on my car), and it didn't occur to me to measure that hole. Duh. Any help or experience with thee above products or better would be appreciated.

945T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 LX 6mt, Type R waiting list
Country flag
Sometimes if the rain is the right type big water droplets form and I can't see anything out the rear window. Isn't that why there's a wiper there? What are you going to do if there's no wiper?!?!?! I don't understand. Pull over to the side and squeegee it every 5 min? That'll look SUUPPPEEER COOL
Maybe flip on the heated rear window and let it evaporate?

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gonna revive this (slightly) old thread. I just picked up my hatch and I was considering this. I hate using wipers and I NEVER used the rear one when I had my Golf, my Impreza could've used a rear wiper but I managed without it. Same with my 99 Civic coupe. So I won't miss it when it's gone.

Someone mentioned an EP3 plug might work, so I found these:

https://www.alloycarbon.com/en/27-honda
I was going to send them an email. It came up with 404 error and said the site is not available. I might take mine off and measure to see if I can find something that will fit.
Sponsored