Hatchback rattling/buzzing issue

Electrocisum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
So I've had my hatchback for about 2 months now and it has 3,400 miles on it. I started noticing some rattles coming from somewhere about a month ago and upon a more thorough check, I now know where its coming from... it's coming from the area where the interior lights/buttons for the moonroof is located. It doesn't always happen, but as of late, its turned into like a buzzing noise... its VERY annoying to say the least. Seems like something may be loose because every time i press up on that area, it stops. it's amplified especially when I go over rough patches of road/bumps. Also, when I listen to music that has a lot of bass, it tends to make it worse too... Has anyone run into the same issue? Do you think that if I brought it into the dealership, they'd check it out? Thanks!
Sponsored

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
Interesting post, I think that I am experiencing a similar issue with my '17 sport touring hatchback. It is very intermittent, and only when the vehicle is in motion. Wonder if it is coming from a speaker? Or if it is actually a physical rattle?

OP
OP

Electrocisum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Interesting post, I think that I am experiencing a similar issue with my '17 sport touring hatchback. It is very intermittent, and only when the vehicle is in motion. Wonder if it is coming from a speaker? Or if it is actually a physical rattle?
It used to be intermittent, however, now it just happens whenever I'm driving or listening to music that has a lot of bass. It is definitely not coming from the speakers.. Whenever I'm driving I can put my ears near the area I mentioned and I can hear that its definitely a physical rattle/buzzing noise. Even when I press up against the area, it stops. Next time I get my oil changed, I'm gonna have them check it out. As of right now, I can't really do anything about it I guess. Haven't really heard about this happening to anyone else really, I've seen people mention rattles coming elsewhere though.

bforbryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335xi
I just got a touring sport hatchback over the weekend and noticed this today while driving to work. Any updates? Thanks!

Chillantro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport MT
Hey I have the same issue in my Hatch Sport. It happens when i go above like 3500 rpm. It comes from in between the moonroof and the lights/microphone area.
Sponsored