Hatchback Grille installed into 2016 Sedan (with Pics)

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
If I buy the emblem base, do I need a new emblem, and all the screws too or can I reuse the emblem and screws from the original grille?
Sponsored

OP
OP
NeoDragons

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I buy the emblem base, do I need a new emblem, and all the screws too or can I reuse the emblem and screws from the original grille?
if you remove the clips holding the emblem then you can reuse it with out breaking the pegs. as far as the screw holding the emblem base i had few spares laying around so i used that since the sedan doesn't use a screw to hold the base in. if your taking about the screws holding the grille then yes those can be reused

OP
OP
NeoDragons

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I went back over to the parts guy in my dealer to ask about the emblem base and he did say that it's not required because I can use the emblem base from my original grill since all I need to do is basically unscrew it.

First pic is the Hatchback grille with the emblem base seperated, as you can see it is held in place by a screw up top and 2 clips. able to separate from grill.

second pic is my sedan grille taken from behind. as you can see there is no screw holding it in place because its 1 piece molded with the grille itself. the 2 clips you see there are what hold the chrome grille in place.

i would just save yourself the headache later and just pay for the $3-5 dollar emblem base. rather then find out later you need to order it. the adviser just may be confused thinking you are installing it on anther hatchback.

but thats just my .2 cents.
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Grille installed into 2016 Sedan (with Pics) 20170216_180250

Second Pic:
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Grille installed into 2016 Sedan (with Pics) 20170411_115759

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Will I need to buy the top and bottom screws for the emblem base since the sedan grille won't have it or?...

OP
OP
NeoDragons

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will I need to buy the top and bottom screws for the emblem base since the sedan grille won't have it or?...
i would if you dont have spare tapping screws lying around, i think the screw is about 1-2 bucks.

stayninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Ive found a alternative to replacing the grill.Its a plastic cover with a Carbon Fiber pattern.Ill post pictures when I get it installed.Ive been searching for this for some time now so when I found it on eBay I was stoked.
IMG_2965.PNG
IMG_2966.PNG
Can i get a link to his? Also have you installed it yet? Hows the fit?

sd8ted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 1989 240sx 400whp
Installed mine today. Came out great. Went ahead and picked up another emblem because I know how much of a pain those pegs can be. Sure enough i broke one peg and needed it!

Now I need to do something about the other plastics. Thinking of painting gloss black to match.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Grille installed into 2016 Sedan (with Pics) image

OP
OP
NeoDragons

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed mine today. Came out great. Went ahead and picked up another emblem because I know how much of a pain those pegs can be. Sure enough i broke one peg and needed it!

Now I need to do something about the other plastics. Thinking of painting gloss black to match.

image.jpg
looks great :thumbsup:

Streetkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura integra
Country flag
Looks fantastic, nice work! Any tips or tricks you came across that wasn't mentioned anywhere?

sd8ted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 1989 240sx 400whp
Looks fantastic, nice work! Any tips or tricks you came across that wasn't mentioned anywhere?
Not really. Most everything was covered here. Just be careful with all of the tabs when removing the bumper (had one pop off) I reused the push nuts for the emblem (hammered back flat and tapped them onto the pins with a small deep well socket) and used a random honda screw my buddy had to mount the emblem base to the grille.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
That looks so damn beautiful. Now imagine if it was the Red emblem and all that you need is just the bodykit to make this perfect. Can't wait to install mine!

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
So I went back over to the parts guy in my dealer to ask about the emblem base and he did say that it's not required because I can use the emblem base from my original grill since all I need to do is basically unscrew it.

The total price of the whole grill (+extension) is about $230 with tax. And I found out that the cost of labor to install in the dealer was $144. Needless to say I'll be installing these myself. The question is, do you guys think I should buy one online or buy directly in store?

Thanks!
try https://www.hondapartsdirect.com/