Hatchback and trailer hitch?

Jukeboxx13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit
Country flag
So I just realized the hatch will come woth a center exahust. Do you guys think I will be able to mount a hitch so I can mount my bike rack. I am an avid mountian biker and its a big need to be able to have a hitch as I prefer them over a roof rack.

Thanks
Sponsored

Knolly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Only the Sport variations have the center mount exhaust, so you could still get one without it. However, usually manufacturers make hitches for cars that have center mount exhausts (check out Curt hitch for the Focus ST for example) so I wouldn't be shocked if one became available for the sports. I'd just wait a little bit after release to see what they start churning out. I'm in the exact same position and am going to wait to see if I should get an EX-L or Sport Touring.

OP
OP

Jukeboxx13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit
Country flag
Just saw that hitch for the Focus.

That makes me feel much better, and now I can trade my Fit up for a Sport touring hatch.

sensoredmedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport Touring
I still have not seen a version for the center exhaust Sports and I'm getting antsy.

Rudyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport hatchback
Ebay i saw one trailer hitch receiver for hatchback sport

usaoze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HATCH SPROT TOURING, 2012 WRX SEDAN
Country flag
So I just realized the hatch will come woth a center exahust. Do you guys think I will be able to mount a hitch so I can mount my bike rack. I am an avid mountian biker and its a big need to be able to have a hitch as I prefer them over a roof rack.

Thanks
Any luck or what did you end up doing? I too mountain bike!

usaoze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any luck on the hitch for the sport touring? I too mtb!

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
I am considering the Hatchback Sport Touring. Has anyone yet made a hitch for the dual exhaust so I can just attach a bike rack ?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I am considering the Hatchback Sport Touring. Has anyone yet made a hitch for the dual exhaust so I can just attach a bike rack ?
Drive to the U-haul R&D facility in Tempe, AZ and they will design, make and install a hitch for you FREE of charge!

On the condition that you are the first HB sport owner who does that. Certainly they will do it for the first type R owner. Apparently no CTR owner so far had the idea to install a hitch. HB sport and CTR hitches may be similar.

https://www.uhaul.com/Trailer-Hitches/2018/Honda/Civic-Type-R/Front-Wheel-Drive/?ddl

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
Someone on this site adapted a hitch to fit the hatch with the center exhaust. They posted pics. It was / is brilliant.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
In the meantime and before I buy anything ( really want the Civic Hatch Sport Touring) would a 54 Specialized bicycle fit in the back of the hatchback without taking off the wheels ?

usaoze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In the meantime and before I buy anything ( really want the Civic Hatch Sport Touring) would a 54 Specialized bicycle fit in the back of the hatchback without taking off the wheels ?
Take off your front wheel and have it INSIDE your hatch...no big deal and "safer". I do it all the time w/my IBIS MTB

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback and trailer hitch? MOAB

Nukemechanic

First Name
Naw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback and trailer hitch? upload_2019-6-24_23-16-3

Made my own hitch out of the hitch for the non centre exhaust hatchbacks. Bit of grinding an welding, fits perfectly no rubbing no hitting. Hitch doesn’t even get hot from the exhaust

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
upload_2019-6-24_23-16-3.jpeg

Made my own hitch out of the hitch for the non centre exhaust hatchbacks. Bit of grinding an welding, fits perfectly no rubbing no hitting. Hitch doesn’t even get hot from the exhaust
Can i see the close up look of the hitch without the bike rack?