Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
It was brought to my attention recently that the 1.5 turbo on the hatch has headers as part of the engine, meaning they cannot be changed. Is this true ? IDK if buddy was right or what but that sounds strange.
Sponsored

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
so how can we get some real hp gains, the throttle body spacer is pointless, a loud exhaust is stupid and an overpriced cold air intake won't give any real gains especially in the hot heat of florida lol

there are no parts out yet for these its annoying

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
and is there a diagram showing how the manifold works how did you guys hear about this ?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
so how can we get some real hp gains, the throttle body spacer is pointless, a loud exhaust is stupid and an overpriced cold air intake won't give any real gains especially in the hot heat of florida lol

there are no parts out yet for these its annoying
You get a tune for it like Hondata that uses existing hardware to increase horsepower. That's the beauty of turbocharged engines. With that said, it's 2017 and gone are the days where bolt ons were available left right a center.

You should also consider that this is a brand new engine and that if you're used to K series or B series, those motors were out at least 5 years before there was a comprehensive list of extra hardware.

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
You will run into turbo limitations and then rod limitations long before the "header" becomes a restriction. This isn't an NA motor anymore you're playing with - if you want more airflow, just increase boost. Unless the head is restricting flow, there's no reason to upgrade it on a turbocharged car. Increasing un-restrictive volume is hardly going to improve anything worth the cost

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
true the flash is like 650

which you will need high performance tires for and will cost more money may also void your warranty after messing with the computer

what about intercooler since I'm in hot florida will that help at all with performance ?

Zerkom122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
true the flash is like 650

which you will need high performance tires for and will cost more money may also void your warranty after messing with the computer. Intercooler will help keep it cool but it's not worth the money in my opinion

what about intercooler since I'm in hot florida will that help at all with performance ?
Ktuner V1 is available for $450 I just placed an order for one.

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ktuner V1 is available for $450 I just placed an order for one.
let me know your process/results and if you need new tires etc. your not scared about your drivetrain warranty ?

Zerkom122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
let me know your process/results and if you need new tires etc. your not scared about your drivetrain warranty ?

Well I just flashed stage 2 and haven't been able to datalog yet as my laptop died right after flashing. According to my butt Dyno it's a huge improvement. Im not worried about the warranty as I can flash it back to stock and if they ask why it's been reflashed I'll say I had to change the battery. At least with just the flash you can go back to stock for service in 5 minutes vs headers which would require you to take them off and put the stock ones back on if they had them for this car.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
turbo is the limitation on ours. and can be maxed with a tune.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I just flashed stage 2 and haven't been able to datalog yet as my laptop died right after flashing. According to my butt Dyno it's a huge improvement. Im not worried about the warranty as I can flash it back to stock and if they ask why it's been reflashed I'll say I had to change the battery. At least with just the flash you can go back to stock for service in 5 minutes vs headers which would require you to take them off and put the stock ones back on if they had them for this car.
You do understand that they can send the ECU out to the factory if they so desire and they can tell it's actually been reflashed?

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
so tune is pretty much the only thing worth doing any gains for this car? but it is risky considering the warranty.

i feel throttle body spacer, intake, and exhaust would be a waste of money with no real improvement

then again this is my daily I just want wheels LOL the stock exhaust actually sounds pretty good I love it

Would a high performance intercooler do anything performance wise ? sounds like a dumb question but

Zerkom122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You do understand that they can send the ECU out to the factory if they so desire and they can tell it's actually been reflashed?
Yeah they could but something catastrophic would have to happen and I'm willing to take that risk
Sponsored