Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
They both have the 1.5 turbo and are 4 cylinders

what is the major difference for the gain of horsepower and can I accomplish that with my hatch without a $600 flash / chip
they have the same wheels too so I'm curious
Sponsored

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
It will be interesting to see some side by side Dyno runs. Hondata shows 190 hp stock at the output shaft(no tires). Easily could be rated at 205 hp at the crank given standard driveline loss. If they should Dyno the same then Honda under rated the hatch sport and correctly rated the SI. Of course as a hatch owner I hope lol

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It will be interesting to see some side by side Dyno runs. Hondata shows 190 hp stock at the output shaft(no tires). Easily could be rated at 205 hp at the crank given standard driveline loss. If they should Dyno the same then Honda under rated the hatch sport and correctly rated the SI. Of course as a hatch owner I hope lol
I recently learned (from Hondata) that their dyno is calibrated to show numbers comparable to crank horsepower, NOT wheel horsepower. I'm sure this is not news to everyone but it's worth keeping in mind.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

what is the major difference for the gain of horsepower and can I accomplish that with my hatch without a $600 flash / chip
As far as I know, there has been no information released on what can safely be gained with an ECU flash on the Si.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag

As has already been mentioned, the Si has the turbo from the CRV, which is rated at 190HP. Honda says "the CR-V's turbo uses a reshaped turbine impeller design, featuring 9 blades (compared to 11 on Civic Turbo). A reduction in compression ratio combines with a higher maximum turbo boost pressure – made possible by the new turbocharger impeller design and more free-flowing intake and exhaust systems – to net a substantial gain in horsepower and torque." Combine that with the fact that the Si is tuned to run on premium fuel, and that pretty much explains where the power comes from. Can you accomplish this without reflashing your ECU? Sure you can, but are the costs going to be worth the gain you get in doing so? Probably not. The Si is running a maximum boost pressure of 20.3psi. Non-Si turbo models have shown to be quite capable of running more boost than that, with the Hondata and Ktuner tunes.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

The major Civic Si power differences:
  • More boost through a remapped computer
  • Lower compression engine
  • Freer flowing turbo
To accomplish this on a MT hatch you would need to bolt in most of a Civic Si engine costing several thousand dollars. So to exactly answer your question, yes, you can accomplish this without a $600 flash, by spending several thousand dollars. Or you could spend $350 to reflash your ECU at any Hondata dealer and get more power and torque than an Si.

This is the biggest performance increase per $ spent for any Honda ever.

There are people who have driven the Si and driven our + 9 psi MT tune in our 5 door hatch. The feedback was that the MT hatch with our tune has more power and torque.
Here is what you can get:

35 peak HP with 40-45 hp increase through most of the rev range.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatch sport 180hp vs Civic Si 205hp _9_psi_tune-

Last edited:

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
  • Freer flowing turbo
To accomplish this on a MT hatch you would need to bolt in most of a Civic Si engine costing several thousand dollars. So to exactly answer your question, yes, you can accomplish this without a $600 flash, by spending several thousand dollars. Or you could spend $350 to reflash your ECU at any Hondata dealer and get more power and torque than an Si.

This is the biggest performance increase per $ spent for any Honda ever.

There are people who have driven the Si and driven our + 9 psi MT tune in our 5 door hatch. The feedback was that the MT hatch with our tune has more power and torque.
Here is what you can get:

35 peak HP with 40-45 hp increase through most of the rev range.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hatch sport 180hp vs Civic Si 205hp _9_psi_tune-
Locations in florida?
that seems quite worth it

will it void warranty after flash?
sorry for my dumb questions just trying to protect my investment

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
  • Freer flowing turbo
Saw someone else say that the internals for the Si engine were different part numbers -- would these account for the lower compression?