Hatch open issue

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Country flag
Anyone else had an issue with their hatch being “open” when its clearly closed? I keep getting a horn honk and discovered its supposedly because the hatch is open even though its latched closed. If I open it and close it that resolves the issue for maybe an hour or two then more horn honking. The car is brand new so still under warranty but wondered if anyone else has had this issue.
Sponsored

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
You can adjust the rubber grommets on the hatch as well for tolerance levels.

OP
OP
roadrunner1782
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update after several weeks of me replacing the hatch latch the issue has been resolved. Just wanted to let everyone know in case they have this same issue and stumble across this thread. On a side note a service writer at my local dealership was trying to get a master tech to just make the call the latch was bad without me bringing the car in so they could order a latch and i just bring the car in for them to quickly replace since I was concerned about them having the car without me being there, they wouldn’t since they said they had never seen the issue before so I said f that and ordered it myself. It’s pretty easy to replace if you ever have too!

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can adjust the rubber grommets on the hatch as well for tolerance levels.
Which rubber grommets? I may have to reseat my trim, I hope it’s not my amp ground lol ?

OP
OP
roadrunner1782
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Which rubber grommets? I may have to reseat my trim, I hope it’s not my amp ground lol ?
I assume they are talking about the ones at the bottom, they can be twisted in more so they aren’t so far out.
Sponsored