1.5T Hasport 62A Rear Motor Mount Impressions

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so the WW stocker is has less NVH than the 62a?
Than a 62A Hasport? Absolutely. Hasport 62A isn't "terrible" but it's very noticable.
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a durometer to check the hardness of the window weld? If not, I do and will post results when I do mine

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
12 years ago I got a set of prothane motor mount inserts for my srt-4 and they were awesome. Wonder if something similar will ever come to be on this platform.

here is what I am talking about...
Honda Civic 10th gen Hasport 62A Rear Motor Mount Impressions srt_prothanes

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
What is this window weld you’re talking about and is there a thread that discusses this in more detail?

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
What is this window weld you’re talking about and is there a thread that discusses this in more detail?
It's a 3M product used for sealing windows. It's basically polyurethane in a tube

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have a durometer to check the hardness of the window weld? If not, I do and will post results when I do mine
I do not.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I always used Hasport mounts for my cars. So if this window weld stuff is like polyurethane does it start to squeak after it’s had some road time from everyday use?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I have some 80A urethane casting compound from mcmastercarr and just paid for a new rear mount to fill when it gets here so I have no down time while it cures. If I dont like it I might get some 40 or 60 depending on just HOW much I hate it and fill my stocker. Ill update what I think when it's done.

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
I always used Hasport mounts for my cars. So if this window weld stuff is like polyurethane does it start to squeak after it’s had some road time from everyday use?
We always filled our mounts with regular poly you can get online from Halloween masking suppliers or anything of the like. The stuff we used always read 85 and up on the durometer so it made everything squeak, and rattle and just altogether wasn't wife/girlfriend friendly. We also used the PL product, never window weld. PL never had any squeaks but I can't speak to window weld, I would imagine there would be none after significant use as there's many people that have 4, 5 and 6 year old window weld Rollin around. Although many say it begins to crack at around 4 years. I may buy both products to test with the durometer to see if one is more riding than the other, I may also do a pull test to see what the tensile strength of both are. Would this interest anyone?

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
We always filled our mounts with regular poly you can get online from Halloween masking suppliers or anything of the like. The stuff we used always read 85 and up on the durometer so it made everything squeak, and rattle and just altogether wasn't wife/girlfriend friendly. We also used the PL product, never window weld. PL never had any squeaks but I can't speak to window weld, I would imagine there would be none after significant use as there's many people that have 4, 5 and 6 year old window weld Rollin around. Although many say it begins to crack at around 4 years. I may buy both products to test with the durometer to see if one is more riding than the other, I may also do a pull test to see what the tensile strength of both are. Would this interest anyone?

Would interest me as my current plan and reason I bought the boomba mount was to Window Weld my stock mount then will sell or keep my Boomba mount for road course days or for when I switch to slicks for better times. I will say the PL is cheaper and way easier to get - so almost purchased a few weeks ago, but still haven't ordered either and am rocking the boomba mount since Tuesday night now - it's Loud between 700-900 rpms but other than than it's fine for me. I have sound deadened my car though so I'm sure that helps.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
My payment got refunded because they decided to keep their mount so anybody else have a stock 6mt mount they want to sell?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My payment got refunded because they decided to keep their mount so anybody else have a stock 6mt mount they want to sell?
Have one for you on Monday ;)

Si_Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
12 years ago I got a set of prothane motor mount inserts for my srt-4 and they were awesome. Wonder if something similar will ever come to be on this platform.

here is what I am talking about...
srt_prothanes.gif
nice to see a few srt4 owner, i had boomba mounts on mine

brianathasport

Hasport Dude
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R, 88 CRX, 94 Civic Hatch, 04 RSX, 06 Ridgeline, 11 CRZ, multiple Insights
Vehicle Showcase
I guess it always could just be a case of construction/hardness that seperates them and eye to eye length are the same as well as the bushing sleeve widths but Honda definitely has 2 different part numbers. One covers all CVT, other covers all MT (even Si but never bother looking at CTR). They look WAY different and one cost 2.5x as much as the other.
They are dimensionally identical.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody have a link to the exact product they are using? I want to add a little stiffness to my stock mount but I'd rather it be in the softer side than having rattling issues.
Sponsored