Has there been any case of hydrolock with 27WON's CAI?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I opted for a PRL Short ram intake mostly because of the amount of flooding I deal with sometimes during the year. These past 2 weeks NJ/NYC has experienced really fucking heavy rain/rail, and after having driven on those heavy rain days - i was so glad i got a short ram because I was forced to go through so many unavoidable puddles of waters.

However.... the heat soak pains me. I'm almost FBO and I can notice the drop in power after a full pulls. 27WON's CAI will give me much better peace of mind than PRL's filter on the bottom vent, wondering if there's been any case at all of still hydrolocking with 27won?

Vent is on the side of the front wheel well but curious if enough driving through the rain could cause some to get in - thanks!
Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I doubt it's possible. The filter is placed like a ram air, and the box has a small vent hole on the front and the top. You'd have to be flooring it through at least 2ft of water to even consider it

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Never heard of a case of hydrolocking a 27WON CAI. Even if the snorkel were fully submerged, I think it would just start pulling from the hole in the top of the airbox - path of least resistance?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a single case. If you get water up near the filter on the 27WON unit then your car is likely floating away at that point lol.

kyle11119

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 2018, Honda Civic Si 2020
Country flag
I live in NY and I was afraid of hydro locking my car looking at the prl cobra intake so I went 27won intake. I’ve driven my car through a lot of crazy rain storms and big puddles that were unavoidable and I had zero problem. I had the prl short ram intake before and heat soak was bad. Def recommend 27Won.
Sponsored