Has anyone used Toyo Proxes 4 Plus tires?

echoparkpanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking for some feedback on the Proxes 4 Plus.
Recommendations, pros & cons, pics, concerns, etc.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I had a set on my Forte SX. I thought they were a great tire.

OP
OP
echoparkpanda

echoparkpanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a set on my Forte SX. I thought they were a great tire.
Would you recommend them?
I’ve read that they're pretty good for traction and ride comfort

Last edited:

WokeNotaSleep

Banned
Banned
First Name
WokeDude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
Looking for some feedback on the Proxes 4 Plus.
Recommendations, pros & cons, pics, concerns, etc.
Does tire even matter on the Civic Hatchback, won't they run with almost any tire that is of a certain level similar to what came stock. To answer your ques, I used this Proxes 4 on my Accord but that was the ewww Accord from the eww era circa 2006. So for ex, before I got the new Civic, I would have recommended this tire but now I would say the stock HanGOOK Kinergy tire runs so well that why mess with perfection. After 10k miles, not a single nail, flat and not even low on air. I don't think the Proxes could match all the criteria. My point is I am not recommending the stock tire as much as the stock level so any tire that is of that evel.

Last edited:

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So for ex, before I got the new Civic, I would have recommended this tire but now I would say the stock HanGOOK Kinergy tire runs so well that why mess with perfection.
Was there a point throwing in a racist remark?

WokeNotaSleep

Banned
Banned
First Name
WokeDude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
Was there a point throwing in a racist remark?
you should worry about korean culture and not only that, korean language pronounces their letter K with a G. like Tae-kuk is pronounced Tae-GOOK. The problem is there is no focus on culture so everything comes across as racist. It's a sad state of affairs.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My Forte SX came with Goodyear Eagle LS tires and they were grippy but drove hard as a rock. The Proxys 4 Plus handled just as well if not better and the ride was much smoother too. Good treadwear too.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does tire even matter on the Civic Hatchback, won't they run with almost any tire that is of a certain level similar to what came stock. To answer your ques, I used this Proxes 4 on my Accord but that was the ewww Accord from the eww era circa 2006. So for ex, before I got the new Civic, I would have recommended this tire but now I would say the stock HanGOOK Kinergy tire runs so well that why mess with perfection. After 10k miles, not a single nail, flat and not even low on air. I don't think the Proxes could match all the criteria. My point is I am not recommending the stock tire as much as the stock level so any tire that is of that evel.
Regardless of pronunciation... it is spelled "Hankook". I looked to verify.... and I cannot find "Hangook" used for the tire company. Spelling it in a quasi-phonetic manner seems to be a manner in spouting off a racial slur while trying to look sophisticated with your response.

If that was not your intention... so be it...

Scott SiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #232, 2003 Accord 6-6, 2010 Accord 6-6
Vehicle Showcase
I have had them on my 8G Accord for about 1k miles now and so far there is nothing to complain about them. Had to get them when one of my OEM Michelins developed a bulge on the sidewall after about 70k mi. Everything improved over the old tires, but it is not fair to compare brand new tires to ones that were almost 8 years old.

It is hard to remember what the OEMs were like when new but I would say grip is slightly better than the OEMs when new and I think they are slightly louder than what I remember the old tires were like when new.

I would recommend them, especially if they last as long as the Michelins.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
Vehicle Showcase
For a regular tire they are fine.

If you drive hard at all they will wear horribly, the treads will have chunks come off. They will warm quickly, but once warm they have about 15 seconds of grip before they become greasy and start sliding. Basically they suck for performance. And if you don't care for performance there are better options anyway.

Dragon Systems

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring, 2007 Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im a little late to a few of these threads, but I thought I would throw in my two cents to this rather than making a new thread, since it is already here, and forum users hate it when people just have to make their own threads, as it where :) Anyway, I dont have these on my 17(YET) but, I am on my 4th or 5th set(I drive 50K a year) on my 2007, and I have been going through about a set a year since they switched from the 4 to the 4+... I believe they are rated for 45K, but I dont remember for sure, however I do get about 45K a set out of them, and that is with me being lazy on rotations and the rear camber defect issue 8th gen Civics have, I would absolutely recommend them. I take them through everything the state of WA has to throw at a tire, from nearly daily wet roads, to going over the mountain passes on ice and snow multiple times a year, I routinely sneak past chain and traction tire required advisories whilst watching folks in their Explorers and Quatros on the the side of the road. I honestly do believe that the claims of snow and ice performance that Toyo makes are accurate, even when slaming on the brakes at reasonable speed on solid ice or snow, as long as I am driving safely the car still stops.. anyway, I hope this helps if anyone come through looking for a tire recommendation... ill probably post a video somewhere once I eventually get the Proxes4+ on the 2017

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag

Hankook Kinergy Tire are not the best tire if you want quiet and better driving
Read on many forum and it is also what my dealer said when I bought the car.

I order Michelin Premier A/S
Sponsored