Has anyone used the Hondata +6 PSI tune on CVT with Regular Fuel

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
After I did the +6 tune for injen and cat back, I tried the high octane/no ethanol, at our local chain. The results, at least in how I felt about driving with that tank of gas were meh. Then I tried a tank of E15, 88 Octane. Things seemed to come together with that fuel. I now run it in my untuned 2018 Accord 1.5L and it likes it. My touring coupe has since been ECU'd for E85.
Sponsored

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I tuned my '16 civic touring 1.5L Sedan today with a +6PSI. All the warning lights went away except one. Check Engine light is on "emissions system problem" I still have a full tank of 87. Is this why? Anybody have any thoughts/solutions? TY.

Spunkster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR, 2x 98 ITR's, 88 Integra, 06 RSX Type S
Country flag
I tuned my '16 civic touring 1.5L Sedan today with a +6PSI. All the warning lights went away except one. Check Engine light is on "emissions system problem" I still have a full tank of 87. Is this why? Anybody have any thoughts/solutions? TY.
Step one is to datalog and see what the actual error is, then you can use the software to clear the codes and see if the resolves the issue.

Turboroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 1.5L 2018
Country flag
In my country (brazil) any fuel with more than 87 is extremely rare (in my town I know of 2 gas stations that have it, vs hundreds with regular fuel).

So in a case like mine, where using a premium fuel is hardly an option (especially when travelling), could I adapt the +6PSI tune so I can reduce knock count?
Maybe tweaking the knock ignition limit in points where knock occur frequently? How would this be detrimental to performance?

My goal is to get all extra power I can extract from the engine (cvt here) without compromizing longevity.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
In my country (brazil) any fuel with more than 87 is extremely rare (in my town I know of 2 gas stations that have it, vs hundreds with regular fuel).

So in a case like mine, where using a premium fuel is hardly an option (especially when travelling), could I adapt the +6PSI tune so I can reduce knock count?
Maybe tweaking the knock ignition limit in points where knock occur frequently? How would this be detrimental to performance?

My goal is to get all extra power I can extract from the engine (cvt here) without compromizing longevity.
Simple fact. Running 87 on the +6 tune won't do what you want. Remember, that tune was basically designed to run on high octane. 87 will give you higher K. Control values which in turn will reduce timing and power.

Turboroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 1.5L 2018
Country flag
Simple fact. Running 87 on the +6 tune won't do what you want. Remember, that tune was basically designed to run on high octane. 87 will give you higher K. Control values which in turn will reduce timing and power.
I can understand that, and I am OK with losing some power. What I am really concerned with is abount damaging my engine in the long run.
If I can get a faster car that doesn´t knock or have other issues, then I am OK with losing some HP under some situations, as long as I am extracting as much HP as I can with the available fuel.

Even with regular fuel, the power increase from +3 to +6 map is very noticeable.

jdmyogi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I personally have as I am a student and sometimes you have to stick to the weakly budget. May lose out on some HPs or MPGs but its not really too bad. . agree with the above post that the engine tune with still make the car punchy with regular unleaded.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Running 87 on a +6 tune is like running 93 on the stock tune. Both are a bit silly.
Sponsored