Has Anyone Updated Garmin Maps Yet?

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I got my Touring in Jan 2016 so I am assuming I am in the same boat as you folks. I have a portable GARMIN unit that I use in my other vehicle and that unit has had an update which reflects new streets in a town near where I live. Ironically, my Civic has no such road and when I drive in that area it looks as though I am driving through the everglades (Parkland, FL).

OP
OP
Ben&Jen

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I got my Touring in Jan 2016 so I am assuming I am in the same boat as you folks. I have a portable GARMIN unit that I use in my other vehicle and that unit has had an update which reflects new streets in a town near where I live. Ironically, my Civic has no such road and when I drive in that area it looks as though I am driving through the everglades (Parkland, FL).
I am sure there are different levels of data useage and what Garmin sells as well. You can be rest assured, what ever data package Honda has, is the cheapest and less... Also, based on RAM too, I had a real good Garmin GPS, I paid a lot for and the other half has a Garmin cheaper. We got them the same time, Mine was loaded with POI's and roads, the other did not.

Smoknjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Has Anyone Updated Garmin Maps Yet?
try this it worked for me, 1-start car , make sure its vented properly especially during update, that took me about 20 min.
insert usb with the 16gb of space in port under dash you should see a steady light so you know the update knows to copy to drive
3 goto maps, settings update u will get default update message, then the message you get tell you to remove the drive and download the update
from Garmin you need to install Garmin Express first then select from the menu the map icon for cars
Insert thumb drive into computer before running the program you d/l from Garmin
When prompted to remove and to insert the thumb drive back into the port , start car and insert thumb drive under the dash. If your ready to proceed press ok
you should see the progress of update on the screen
* Ir may be a good idea to leave FOB (Key) in car in case you leave during update
I have a 2017 Civic Hatchback it may also work with 2016 civics
Sponsored