Has Anyone Updated Garmin Maps Yet?
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Rumor is they're going to do yearly updates, one day. Also rumor it takes several hours and you have to leave the car running while it's being done.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ben&Jen

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Rumor is they're going to do yearly updates, one day. Also rumor it takes several hours and you have to leave the car running while it's being done,
Yes, leaving the car running is a bummer esp with a turbo engine.

Julie1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring MSM
Country flag
Does leaving the car running mean it has to also be stationary or can it be in motion while it's updating?

Julie1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Found my answer in the FAQs. I was hoping I could run the update while on a road trip.

Can I drive my car while I’m updating my navigation application?
Yes, but your navigation will be disabled until the update is complete.

OP
OP
Ben&Jen

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found my answer in the FAQs. I was hoping I could run the update while on a road trip.

Can I drive my car while I’m updating my navigation application?
Yes, but your navigation will be disabled until the update is complete.
Thanks! I think that is great as I have a long driver everyday...

Julie1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I tried to do the first step outlined at https://honda.garmin.com/honda/#getStarted, but my nav wouldn't send any info to my USB drive (new 32GB, formatted FAT32). A message popped up saying it couldn't download info and to check that the device was plugged in and working properly. I then added some music to it, listened and it worked fine. So, next step will be discussing with Honda. FWIW the Honda Owners site says my car has the most up-to-date maps.

OP
OP
Ben&Jen

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried to do the first step outlined at https://honda.garmin.com/honda/#getStarted, but my nav wouldn't send any info to my USB drive (new 32GB, formatted FAT32). A message popped up saying it couldn't download info and to check that the device was plugged in and working properly. I then added some music to it, listened and it worked fine. So, next step will be discussing with Honda. FWIW the Honda Owners site says my car has the most up-to-date maps.
You have to have the drive named LIKE Garmin, do not use untitled, and use the front USB port.

NicoleBcourt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
I was hoping for this!!! My GPS sometimes shows me in the middle of like a buildings for a few minutes, maybe that will fix it.

kristinegrundsoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Tourer Style Edition
Anybody know what version the update is?
I got my Honda three weeks ago. I would like to check if it came with the Update. Or if I need to update.

Ytsejamer1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (Midnight Express)
I've had my car since late May 2016, had the TSB 16-022 Infotainment update applied in June, and I just went through the process today to check if I had the latest maps. I do.

Software Version: 2.83
Map: US & Canada 2016.0

Of note, you have to plug a USB drive into the smartphone port - not the center console. I had the same issue (external device not ready) as Julie1012 at first. I was trying different things. Eventually things worked when I had restarted my car with the USB drive in the smartphone USB port near the floor. From there, the map application will write a small file do your USB thumb drive in a Garmin folder. It took literally a second to write the file. After waiting a minute and unplugging the USB (read the instructions!), I ran the Garmin Express program on my PC/laptop and then inserted the USB drive. The application will detect and your USB device. It'll detect that it's a Honda GPS unit with the serial number and will add it to your application profile. From there, it'll tell you if you have the latest version. I had the latest version...which kind of surprised me. It also asked me to register it using my email address for when map updates are released. I did so...and will look forward to receiving those update emails.

It took a bit for it to work as per the instructions, but once the USB drive was detected, it was smooth sailing. We'll see how long it takes to update though. Their instructions say allow up to FOUR hours. YIKES. Have a full tank of gas.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Metallic Civic Touring
Country flag
Anybody know what version the update is?
I got my Honda three weeks ago. I would like to check if it came with the Update. Or if I need to update.
I don't think an update is available yet. I checked mine a few minutes ago and it was up to date and I got my Touring last year...

Software Version: 2.83
Map: US & Canada 2016.0
Sponsored