First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5L Hatchback LX
Country flag
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233008885407

This exhaust seems semi-cheapo but my logic is that since it comes in more parts, it could be easier to modify for a Hatchback LX to fit correctly.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I don't see that it mentions being built with T-304 stainless steel. So what is so important about T-304? I googled and found the following for you. Hope it helps. I think this is why it is so cheap.

T304 Stainless Steel vs T409 Stainless Steel Bolting on a performance exhaust system adds an exciting new tone to your car. But, that sweet song becomes annoying noise as corrosion eats away at your exhaust. If you want the music to last, start with steel that’s designed to outlive your car.

OP
OP
lastbluesun

lastbluesun

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't see that it mentions being built with T-304 stainless steel. So what is so important about T-304? I googled and found the following for you. Hope it helps. I think this is why it is so cheap.

T304 Stainless Steel vs T409 Stainless Steel Bolting on a performance exhaust system adds an exciting new tone to your car. But, that sweet song becomes annoying noise as corrosion eats away at your exhaust. If you want the music to last, start with steel that’s designed to outlive your car.
Thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to steer clear.

OP
OP
lastbluesun

lastbluesun

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Hey! I reached out to the vendor and they're saying it's T304 which may add it back as a contender. Thoughts?

cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Then you have to wonder,...why is it such a bargain. I actually would be pretty blunt about that and ask them why it's priced so low. By the way, what is the name of the company?

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Then you have to wonder,...why is it such a bargain. I actually would be pretty blunt about that and ask them why it's priced so low. By the way, what is the name of the company?
It’s Chinese stainless steel. I’m a buyer for consumer goods overseas and I can tell you this shit is CHEAP for them to produce.

OP
OP
lastbluesun

lastbluesun

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s Chinese stainless steel. I’m a buyer for consumer goods overseas and I can tell you this shit is CHEAP for them to produce.
So are you saying it is probably decent quality but because it's imported it's just cheaper?

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Fascinating TIL. So is that why these older Hondas and RSXs that people riced out years ago sound like shit now? I always would think of it as "tinny" sound but corroded metal sounds about right

OP
OP
lastbluesun

lastbluesun

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Btw the name of the brand is EMUSA. If you look up that name on YouTube they make exhaust for other cars too.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
It might be fine, might even sound good. Probably wouldn't hurt to paint it for rust protection though.