taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
From my understanding the in tank pumps are basically universal plug and play. The HPFP, however, must be designed for the individual engine and camshaft. Even if the Accord pump bolted up, it’s unlikely the cam lobes driving it have the same shape and so it wouldn’t work correctly at all. The ECU uses the crankshaft position sensor to determine the pump piston travel and when to energize the solenoid.

Even if Hondata adjusted the ECU’s parameters, the pump piston itself still would not have the correct travel distance because it’s entirely mechanically driven.

But who knows, maybe the pump cam lobes are the same.
https://fk8.wiki/High_Pressure_Fuel_Pump

Yeah, the issue is the cams on the Type R won’t drive the piston far enough if it has a longer travel and not just a wider cylinder. The ECU can’t fix this. But, it might be the same cam lobes and travel distance. If so it would work.
I don't see why they would change it other than a lower lift cam love and different piston size. But then again, it's different to begin with ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
GraphiteAZ

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
From my understanding the in tank pumps are basically universal plug and play. The HPFP, however, must be designed for the individual engine and camshaft. Even if the Accord pump bolted up, it’s unlikely the cam lobes driving it have the same shape and so it wouldn’t work correctly at all. The ECU uses the crankshaft position sensor to determine the pump piston travel and when to energize the solenoid.

Even if Hondata adjusted the ECU’s parameters, the pump piston itself still would not have the correct travel distance because it’s entirely mechanically driven.

But who knows, maybe the pump cam lobes are the same.
What does flashpro actually change when you put in the passcode for the fuel system? Does it just automatically trim fuel back in specific spots?

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What does flashpro actually change when you put in the passcode for the fuel system? Does it just automatically trim fuel back in specific spots?
Being a one size fits all ecu across mfgers.. I bet they change the piston cc on the hFPf to get the pid under control and duty cycle right for target psi..in the back end of the software flash. In my motec it's set at around 250 pump displacement. Not sure if that translate to bosch

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
So according to Hondata, all we need is a nicer high pressure fuel line and fuel pressure is more consistent on a 420WHP car.
It shouldn't be hard to make a custom line like Hondata's, just need to know what the threads are at the pump and the fuel rail, and the required inner diameter.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
It shouldn't be hard to make a custom line like Hondata's, just need to know what the threads are at the pump and the fuel rail, and the required inner diameter.
yup just this line!if just this add % for the price why not

OP
OP
GraphiteAZ

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm assuming Hondata doesn't make them in house. Who do they use I wonder?

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I'm assuming Hondata doesn't make them in house. Who do they use I wonder?
No idea, but HP fuel lines are so commonly used nowadays, that any generic one will do. All that would be necessary to find out is the inner diameter of the Hondata line, while the shape and the fittings can be determined off the stock line.
Sponsored